No more personal internet usage at work

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

No more personal internet usage at work

Post by Juniper »

:( Apparently, many people are abusing the internet during work time so the City has mandated no more personal internet usage at work, even during your lunch break, breaks or after work. No more use of their computers for personal use. I'm breaking the rules right now. It's after work.

If i had a laptop i could plug into the city in the hallway...that would be OK. Need to look at my finances which are pretty tight right now. I don't have internet usage at home so I guess this is goodbye.

Might be losing my personal e-mail account with yahoo as well if I don't log in within a month.

Will miss all of you. Just wanted to let you all know. Keep on chow-chowin" and hope all your chowdren and chowslaves stay healthy and happy :D
Jennifer & Sheena
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: No more personal internet usage at work

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That sucks. Please try to do as Jonathon posted and go to the library. I think it is free too. :wink:
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Don't break the rules at work as you clearly don't want to loose the job you're having right now!!
I hope you find a solution though.... Maybe a co-worker can give you his laptop when you're at lunch time, just take different lunch break than him? Good luck!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear - wish I could givie a solution. The library sounds possible. Please try.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you'll be able to work it out. Jonathan's solution sounds like a great idea!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I have two co-workers that swear by netbooks (mini laptops). They run about $300. Maybe you can save up and get one of those. Starbucks offers free wi-fi and there are other places that do as well. I'd hate for you to leave us. We enjoy the Sheena and Troy stories so much.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry, I ran into that last year. Even on our lunch breaks, as if we don't work at home and deserve a break. I got an iphone so I could check up on my mail during lunch and the forum. It is ok but I think a mini laptop is the way to go , they are on sale everywhere, I think Kmart even has layaway

David
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

You have an iPhone don't you? I can show you how to run anything and everything remotely. ;)

Wait until the social backlash hits your employer. Withdrawl for that many people in a confined space.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Found this on slickdeals today..looks like a pretty good buy. http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... FFA2&s=eep
Think it comes to about $186 when it's all said and done.