Do any others do this?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Do any others do this?

Post by kam »

My Mister is drinking water out of toilet and can't stop him, he has 2 water dishes and a pond.
he will drink out of pond at times but never his water dishes he just knocks them over and plays in water.
He plays in our little pond, I kept my house temp set at 70 for the ( boys ), but mister will run out and jump in pond
and come thru doggie door sopping wet on my carpet, guess it's time for wood floors or tile.
I know to keep bathroom doors shut, but with grandkids and company they get in the bathroom, now Mister paws at door when he wants drink.
He now has taught our other dog to drink out of the bathroom :mrgreen:
I now do not put any products in my toilets that can hurt them, I just was wondering if any others had this issue?

Thanks Kam
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Do any others do this?

Post by Dogdad »

Maxine occasionally will drink out of the toilet, I imagine is is because the porcelain keep the water colder. I am not to worried, the toilets are cleaner than the puddles she likes to drink out of.

David
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Nikki tried it but the toilet seat lid came down and hit her on the head and that was it for her. She won't go near the bathrooms now. Not even to lay on the tile ..
But that might help just keeping the lid down if shes pawing at the door.
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

LOL, at Maxine!!!
Willow gives the bath tub a WIDE bearth!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Kyra is the potty girl around here.....I have to same problem with the kids leaving the lid up or the door open :roll: She even goes a bit further with it when they forget to flush :shock: Kyra has no class I tell ya :lol: Kearra would die of thurst before she would EVER drink out of the toliet =;

Thanks Sweetpea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Pip sometimes, I do not allow access. Pip got into the habit of taking everything out of the waste basket in the bathroom, looking for disgusting treasure, so I monitor for that, and the toilet is blocked along with the trash.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Nahkohe will check out the toilet bowl but has never drank from it (yet). We make sure their water bowl is full but I don't think that would matter if he got more curious about the "bowl".
If you're not putting anything in the bowl, I guess it would not be a health issue :-?
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh