Ivana put ppl in tears

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Ivana put ppl in tears

Post by redangie24 »

I am not on much anymore. I have just been not feeling too well. Very tired all the time....anyways.

Before when I was having trouble keeping Ivana in the yard she got out and one of the kids down the street saw her and was so afraid he refused to come out of his house. When his mom came over to talk to me she had to make it really short since he would not leave the house and it is so humid here you can't spend too much time outside.

Then when I was gone (I fixed it so she cannot get out of our yard, but the person watching her decided to take Ivana home with her) Ivana got out again. The lady watching her said she the husband of the woman down the block came doown and said his wife was crying because she was so afraid of Ivana. Ivana was on the opposite end of the block and was only out for a couple minutes. When I got home he told me about it and I wanted to burst out laughing. A grown woman crying because she sees a dog. How insane. I wanted to be upset that Ivana got out and was not kept safe in her yard, but instead I was too busy being annoyed and amused by the people afraid of her.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Tsunami22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Ivana put ppl in tears

Post by Tsunami22 »

Aw! People are so silly sometimes!!

But don't forget, some people have serious dog phobias! I've known a lot of people who would cry just at the sight of a dog unattended, out of their yard, wandering the streets. Perhaps it wasn't Ivana herself looking so adorable or frightening, but just a dog at all! Maybe the same tears would be had for a retriever or lab.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

And all Ivana probably wanted was to play. Its a dogs life being a chow!

Sorry to hear you are not so good. I hope you get some energy back soon.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I haven't had tears here yet, but I have had neighbors react like a prison break has happened.. They go inside and call and bring their children in and their dogs... Which is fine with me . Nikki has only escaped 2 or 3 times and we've usually been right on her tail after her. We are on to her escapes and are careful now.
I fear the neighbors more, for Nikki's sake cause they could get vicious at her..
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I have seen it at my daughters soccer game. It wasn't even one of my chows. A woman brought her black lab puppy who was maybe 5 or 6 months old to the game to socialize him. As we were walking to the parking lot down a path way there was a woman coming towards us. She stopped dead in her tracks and started having a full blown panic attack with screaming and crying. She was speaking (praying actually) in Spanish so we didn't know it was the dog that was causing the panic attack and so the woman with the dog was trying to help the panicking woman which only made it worse. My husband, who speaks Spanish, finally caught up to us and he told us she was terrified of he dog. I couldn't believe a grown woman panicked like that over a puppy.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

People are strange... :?
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I must admit, Iam just as bad when a snake is around. I don't care if its a sweet little garden snake or a rattle snake. (although I've eaten rattle snake?).. Humm that makes no sense now that I think about it.. ewwww, I must have had alittle too much sangria that night..
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

LOL

I hope you are feeling better, We haven't had the tears thing yet. Just a crazy man ( literally) accusing Maxine of killing his grass with her pee. We are in a severe drought and everyones yard is brown and crunchy but for some reason, he believes Maxine peed all over his yard. Everytime we walk infront of his house, he goes out and starts ranting. We don't even go in his yard,

David
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thats hilarious - there really are some mad people in the world. But what a dull place it would be without them :lol:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, hope you get better soon, was wonderin' where you were
Chows have a very bad rep down South for some reason.....people will actually go completely across Petsmart to avoid Kearra but not Kyra LOL must be the black dog syndrome :shock:
LOL David....you better rain in that Maxine, peein' in everyones yard and killin' ALL that grass like that :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Strange I know I posted a reply don't know where it went. I bet it was good though! lol.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!