Vet visit - Good news.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Vet visit - Good news.

Post by Sirchow »

Yeah.... just back from the vet. Nearly four months after Bramble tore her left cruciat ligament and three months since she tore the second really badly we have just been told that her joints have tightened right up and are certainly as good as if she had had the two TPLO opperations that the orthovet wanted to do as soon as she reached a year old at a cost of at least £3000! He said it was a miracle but I know it isn't as I know lots of dogs who are recovering or have recovered.

How? Well it has been a very long and rough road with tears and heartbreak along the way. Basically Kiwani gave me a link to website http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cons ... anagement/ and I followed their regime of eight weeks of the strictest rest immagionable and then built her exercise day by day with massage, supplements and blood sweat and tears. It is a regime that is not for the faint hearted but having said that with traditional ccl surgery you have to go through pretty much the same process. But this way is free, has no surgery and no anasthetic.

So now my baby is at the stage of short walks and I just have to build really slowly. I get so scared every time she jumps to catch a bee or chases Alfie but slowly I will be able to have more confidence in her abilities now. Maybe one day she will be able to do Zoomies but not yet. I wish someone would tell her that though. The vet also said that he could see no reason that she could not go into the show ring and try her luck from the legs point of view. He had no idea whether she would win anything. But to be honest right now I don't care.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Vet visit - Good news.

Post by Coco Chow »

Oh Siriol that is fantastic, I can't believe her joints are as good as if she had had the 2 TPLO :shock: , that is just the best news!! Congratulations, you and Bramble deserve it. You took such a good care of her.

She's going to be great in the show ring soon, he he!!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam so happy for that good news, I know you have been so careful with her.. She has you to thank for such good care.. I don't know how you did it. Nikki would have ruined it all with her wall jumping and chipmunk runs.. let alone her zoomies.. I give you a standing ovation on that accomplishment. =D= .
Now to turn your little missy into a show dog/ well Nikki will certainly support her. :mrgreen:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh siriol I am so happy for you all. You have worked so hard with her and just keep on with it. Bless her , I am so glad. :lol: =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

What wonderful news!! Bramble is very lucky to have a parent who will take such excellent care of her!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you. I have had such a lot of support from people on this site ....you know who you are, and it has been worth it. Bramble was lying on the lawn when I left for work this am, eating daisies having been for a walk up the lane she has not been along for four long months. There were sooo many smells her nose was on overload. She was so happy, :D
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Wonderful new, what love you have for bramble to keep up with the regieme

David
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

What wonderful news!! Always to hear about a happy solution.
SweetPea Rocks!!
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

=D= =D= =D= well done siriol xxxxx :wink:
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

We did the same thing with Rogan four years ago and it worked like a charm. :mrgreen: I highly recommend going this path for chows. With Rogan, he trusted me to not hurt him and I was able to give him the therapy he needed to help him heal.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

This is great news!!!! I am so happy for you!!! :D

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

=D= =D= Good job! Time and patience - wonderful to hear that Brambles is recovering under your care and therapy. \:D/
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

I'm so happy for you!!! \:D/ Surgery sucks, Buddha may have to do it again, his other knee is slipping, and he has just come off of another 3 weeks of rest. So ready for a walk tonight.
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Oh I am so sorry, poor Buddha boy. I hoped that he would be OK after last time. :(