Any suggestions?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Any suggestions?

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble doesn't really play with toys so I thought I would pick your brains for some new ideas to keep her amused while I am at work and stop her gnawing her feet right off. What keeps your chows amused for the longest time?
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Any suggestions?

Post by Coco Chow »

When I live Coco alone at home, I often leave a handfull of kibble behind me. It takes her some time wondering where they all went hiding after they roll on the floor. She usually has eaten them all when I come back.
But Bramble has her little brother with her so she's not really alone, they don't play together sometimes?
Coco doesn't like Kong type toys (they are plastic and she only likes plush toys) but if Brams do, you could stuff one with something yummy, it would take her some time to get it.
Or you could buy her a little rabbit and ask her to catch it while you're away. That would keep her occupied, wouldn't it O:) ??
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Trooper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Trooper »

Hello - Trooper is content to sleep when I am away - but seems to like chewing on raw hides the longest. Have you tried small childrens 'stuffies' Trooper took to a small woolly lamp - a babies stuffy - he carries around as his 'baby'. I would also check those paws - could be an allergy? Good luck!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Yeah, Nikki doesn't really like rubbery or plastic toys, but she does love her exercise ball we got at petsmarts. You fill it with small treats or food and they have to push it around for the treats to come out the holes. Nikki looks like a seal pushing that thing everywhere but it will occupy her till shes tired.. and we always put it in the kitchen when we go out somewhere for any length of time. We got two .. ONe is hard plastic and its too noisy. and the other is a softer plastic and she can actually pick it up and throw it down and watch the treats fall out.. If you have hardwood floors I'd suggest the softer one too...
Nikki loves stuffed toys too. She still has her toys from when we brought her home when she was a puppy. She doesn't destroy them just carries them all over. LOL
lightforce18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lightforce18 »

Bones work good with yogi, and or this thing called the Himalayan bar. I stopped giving him raw hides because all the stores I go to tell me rawhides destroy dogs digestive system. But Rawhides work so good lol