Status on Billy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chewfozz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Status on Billy

Post by chewfozz »

I saw the story on Billy so i decided to call the Berks County Humane Society and speak to the adoption coordinator. I wasn't really able to find out a whole lot about him with the exception that he is still pretty skinny, but he is very sweet and seems to be doing very well. They sent out bloodwork this week and hope to have results by Monday on his health.

The lady I spoke with, Tammy is also the rescue coordinator and would love to get in touch with a rescue in the PA area. Is there anyone on this forum who is aware of a chow chow rescue in the PA area?

Right now my husband and I are not sure about adopting him because we do not know his temperment around children and that is our number one priority to make sure our daughter is safe. However, I want to do what I can to find him a good home.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Status on Billy

Post by Juniper »

Thanks for the update. I can't really help but just wanted to say thank you for following up on Billy. It would be great if he was in good health and good around children. He looks like a real sweetie!
Jennifer & Sheena
chewfozz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chewfozz »

Yes, we are still considering making the 4 1/2 hour drive depending on the bloodwork. Since we just lost our Fozzie we just couldn't emotionally handle adopting a sick pet.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I hope Billy soon gets his lucky break. He's been through so much. Keep us posted, please!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Did you see his video? He seems very happy now and from everything I've heard, he's got a good temperment (that was with all adults and dogs though). I saw one video where he was just laying in the person's lap receiving belly rubs while the person was talking about him. Look up billy the chow on youtube, I think that's where I saw them all. He's been through a couple different shelters/rescues so you might try calling one of his past ones if this one didn't know too much. Either that or maybe you can find the name of the person talking about him, they probably know the most since they're probably the one that cares for him day to day.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

I don't know of any chow rescues in PA. I would love to one day start one! :D

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!