This kinda made me wanna scream...

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

This kinda made me wanna scream...

Post by CHowgal »

This past weekend I took Tippsy and Jasper to PetSmart and we were walking around meeting all the puppies that were there, when this woman stopped me and asked if Jasper was a purebred... #-o I simply asked her if she thought he looked like one, and her responce was "yes." /:) Really? I backed up so Tippsy (who was sitting on my opposite side checking out the squeeky toys and being a good girl) could be seen and said, "No. This is my purebred." She had the nerve to say Tippsy looked like a mix...

I've really gotta ask, how stupid are some people? Really? Calling the owner of the dogs a lier? I swear I ranted to my mom the whole way home... :?
Jess
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: This kinda made me wanna scream...

Post by sweetpea »

I swear people do crap like that just to upset the person they are talking to. Its like walking with a baby dressed in a blue outfit with a blue blanket and a blue carrier and someone saying "oh what a beautiful baby girl!", or the baby dressed in pink with a pretty pink ribbon in what hair she has and they say "what a darling little boy". You just want to smack them on the side of the head just for being so stupid. :roll:
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Exactly. And then they get mad when we get mad. Ugh... It's just a no win situation... #-o Someone actually did tell my mom "what an adorable baby girl" my brother was when she was at the mall with us getting pictures done and he was dressed in a red outfit with firetrucks and dalmations on it. She flipped on the woman. :lol:
Jess
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I had a couple of people do that to me when my girls were babies. Dressed in pink and some dumbie would call them a boy. Use to really upset me. Then my daughter had girls and she would get all worked up over a person calling her girls a boy when they were dressed in pink. Thats when I decided people do it purposely.
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Yep. 'Cause they're trouble makers and want to get a rise out of somebody.
Last edited by CHowgal on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jess
Mochi_Yoshi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mochi_Yoshi »

Yeah I know what you mean ... When walking our two pups people would stop and ask if they are purebred. I do know there are dogs out there that are part chow and part <other breed>... but getting back to your point "YES they are purebred". Since we have our pups people would also say "OMG you have miniature Chow!!!" #-o I give them a look and smile and say no they are puppies... one person then said "OH miniature Chow puppies...." OMG... time to walk away... LOL
You have to ask yourself "How can you say no to this face....?" Answer: when they chew on your favorite purse...
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Yeah, Some people just don't get it. But at least, when it's neccessary, some people are stupid enough to believe in "giant pomeranians". :lol:
Jess
Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mailie's Mom »

I just had this happen to me not more than an hour ago! I was walking Louie in a shopping center and a lady stopped me and said I used to have a chow years ago but it did not look like him (Louie) is he a mix? What?!!! If Louie does not look like a chow I don't know what does!

BTW.......Jess is my absolute favorite name! I wanted to name my first child that, but we got a beautiful chow chow first so we named her Jess (Jesse but we called her Jess) She passed away at almost 12 years old about 5 years ago. She was the best chow ever!
Mailie ...............................................................................................................................Louie
Thanks sweetpea!
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

See, people like that just kill me... They're so closed minded and don't give a crap about what anybody else has to say... When they could be the one that was wrong... Am I right?

Thanks. :) I bet she had the best 12 years a chow could ask for.
Jess
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Take no notice Jess.

Several years ago when my granddaughter was little and I was in the park with her and her Mum, a couple stopped and the woman said "Oh ! how lovely, what is his name?"
Now Isabelle looked most definitely girl - she had little shorts and top on but her blonde curly hair etc...........
Anyway, Rhiannon smiled sweetly and said "ISABELLE!" and walked on. The woman did have the grace to look sheepish.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Yeah, I'll just walk away next time... As long as I can keep the best of my stuborn ways. :lol:
Jess
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Just goes to show that most people don't know what a chow is. I had someone ask yesterday if my two were Pom's (yep they are giant Poms, about four times the size of a Pom) With her blue-black tongue and Jasper's pink tongue the woman should have known which is a mix and which wasn't.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Point is Victory, she probably did not put her brain into gear before she started up her mouth!! 8-}
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Victory wrote:Just goes to show that most people don't know what a chow is. I had someone ask yesterday if my two were Pom's (yep they are giant Poms, about four times the size of a Pom) With her blue-black tongue and Jasper's pink tongue the woman should have known which is a mix and which wasn't.
Yep. It's really obvious... and Jasper's tail doesn't curl up over his back either. :? He looks more lab in his body type anyways and he's got REALLY floppy ears. :lol: But it just goes to show how ignorant people are... :?
Judy Fox wrote:Point is Victory, she probably did not put her brain into gear before she started up her mouth!! 8-}
:laughloud:
Jess
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Judy Fox wrote:Point is Victory, she probably did not put her brain into gear before she started up her mouth!! 8-}
:D Yeah Judy, that seems to be some sort of global plague.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Unfortunately, ignorant people like that are breeding! Scary, huh?
I'm always being asked what kind of dog my Molly is. She is a purebred Japanese Chin, but most folks think she is
a skinny Pekenese! (sp?)
Purebred or mix, we love 'em all the same, so who cares what dumb strangers think, right?

Victory...giant Poms, huh? I love it!!!! You have given me hope that in the event I have to rent a place short term, (after my house sells)
I can pass Colonel off as a giant Pomeranian to the landlord! I love ignorant people! :D :D
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!