Tne incredible hugable Chow Chow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Tne incredible hugable Chow Chow

Post by Loha'sDad »

Isn't it GREAT that a dog breed that looks so hugable IS, in fact, so hugable?!? Not only do I hug Loha, he hugs me back. Honestly, he raises his left paw and embraces me in a hug. Incredible, but TRUE! Do your chows hug you? Those with multiple chows, do they hug each other? I know that my Loha seems to crave and really enjoy physical contact. [:D]

Loha's Dad
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Tne incredible hugable Chow Chow

Post by KathrynH »

If DH is anywhere around, Buddha tolerates hugs from me, and shakes it off as soon as I move away from him. If it's just Buddha and me he loves hugs LOL....he's gotta be a tough guy around DH though
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I thought I would post a pic of Bramble in a cuddly mood. Now that she has grown out of the need to chew anything that touches her she is very cuddly. Kisses don't really cover Brambles way of showing affection - a top to toe bath is more like it. She is such a joy and I wouldn't change her for the world even with all her troubles. :x

Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

All three of mine love hugs and they get jealous when one is getting hugged or any attention. Boogie will push his way inbetween us and the other two because it used to be only Boogie liked it. Now that the other two do too, Boogie is not happy. Even Fozzie, my old, deaf, almost blind, rescue who doesn't like to be touched has decided he loves hugs. When he comes in he barks and spins in circles. He leans his whole body into us and wants his face held. He too gets very angry if Teddie gets any hugs or attention. Sometimes he even gets upset if Teddie is looking at him. :roll: None of the chows touch Fozzie becuase he gets very angry. Boogie and Teddie play wrestle a lot which looks like hugging but I don't think you can call it that. Oh and Boogie and the cat also play wrestle which looks like hugging but by the look on the cat's face, it clearly isn't. :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily likes to wrap around my leg as I give her deep rubs, but anything that involves being completely off solid footing is verboten. She LOVES hanging off the second floor hallway, into the stair well. As I reach about step 5, we are face to face. We then give head hugs and share a whisper and an ear scratch for her before I continue on.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Sirchow wrote:I thought I would post a pic of Bramble in a cuddly mood. Now that she has grown out of the need to chew anything that touches her she is very cuddly. Kisses don't really cover Brambles way of showing affection - a top to toe bath is more like it. She is such a joy and I wouldn't change her for the world even with all her troubles. :x

Yep, that's the look that tells me that Chows love getting hugged.

Loha's Dad
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel pretend not to like being hugged but when they are cuddled, they relax and snuggle in. :D
They snug up to each other too - not all the time but very often and they kiss each other and talk to each other in their lovely Chownese grunts and huffs and puffs. I love to watch them talking to each other then they kiss each other and settle down for a snooze - they are such lovable sisters. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

JR loves to be hugged more than anything and will actually stand up on his poor litlle old legs and put his fron paws around me and give me kisses.
Cheyenne can be a bit more aloof but loves to be hugged when she is resting and as soon as she hear me nearby she will roll over and lift her legs up for a belly and ear rub and then kiss me on the hand.
The are my beautiful guardian angels and I love them so much!

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
AmberLea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AmberLea »

My 2 girls are very kiddy and cuddly with each other and me too, it's great!!!!
The heart of a Chow cannot be taken by storm, but once given is yours forever...
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Lychee uses her paws to push me away when I try to hug her - she doesn't like hugs and kisses :( BUT she does come over and puts her head on my lap when she feels like some "mummy time" - even when I'm cooking - its very cute :D
DOHMAN
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DOHMAN »

My baby HATES being hugged lol. But then again she is only a lil puppy
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Lord haw haw and I have a little routine everynight. I bring him his tribute ( since he is lord haw haw ) usually a couple of lamb jerky squares and a favorite toy. He gets his tummy scratched and when he of it, he will come up next to me for his bedtime hug, he gets it and then jumps off the bed to attend to his tributes. Maxine wants hugs all the time. When I get home, when I leave, after walkies, when I am on the couch ..

David
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I had to chuckle at your nightime routines David - Fred starts his with sorting out the treats "One for Milly, one for Mabel, one for Milly..................." etc. and if anybody would hear him - well I hate to think what they would think! :lol: Like I care!! :roll:
Then the treats have to be given out one at a time and again we go through the "One for Milly, one for Mabel " routine. They love it! So does he so all are happy in our household! \:D/ \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

Buddha loves hugs, and gives them back. He especially loves to hug on women that come to our house, he's a ladies man! LOL But he constantly goes to my husband to get attention too, but he's still a momma's baby.
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
chris

Post by chris »

Steel hugs.... more or less its a head but. He will put his forehead against yours or against your chest.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily loves this spot. She sleeps there alot. If someone comes over, she goes there, or the top of the steps to see what is what.
Attachments
Don't forget to collect your kisses on the way up!
Don't forget to collect your kisses on the way up!
aDSC06257.jpg (97.03 KiB) Viewed 6423 times
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Mine all love to be hugged. It's a great feeling to be hugged by a chow! Zhuyo and Pooh Bear slow dance with me and we hug that way. Zhu use to rest his head on my shoulder and close his eyes and sigh. Miss Pooh Bear rests her chin on my shoulder and we slow dance and hug that way. Tiggy and my former foster, Bruin, would hug me by resting their heads on my heart and that was their sign for me to hug them.

Amongst the chows, Zhu and PB would rub their heads on one another and they often snuggled and slept together. Tiggy would always kiss his big sis, Miss PB. He likes trying to snuggle with her. Tiggy and my former foster, Bruin, always layed down next to each other. I think those are somewhat chow to chow hugging.