Poor Nala after her spay...

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

AmberLea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Poor Nala after her spay...

Post by AmberLea »

My poor wee girl is all disorientated and huffy...

The heart of a Chow cannot be taken by storm, but once given is yours forever...
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Poor Nala after her spay...

Post by Sirchow »

The poor wee baby. Hope she feels better soon. Siriol [:D] [:D] [:D] and Bramble xxxx
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Oh bless her. You know chows though, when I had my Butters neutured he didn't speak to me for 2-3 days. :roll: Hopefully she will forgive much faster.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Those here with mature Chows all have known exactly how you feel right now. Don't fret, she will be fine, and hold no grudge against you. I promise!
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Oh that little shaved belly!

Tell me, how did she spent the night?
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
AmberLea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AmberLea »

Coco Chow wrote:Oh that little shaved belly!

Tell me, how did she spent the night?
She actually had a pretty comfortable night, snored her head off and is actually very clingy this morning, i think she's feeling it this morning so i'm taking her back to the vet for a painkilling shot.
The heart of a Chow cannot be taken by storm, but once given is yours forever...
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Poor little love - I just so feel for her.
The painkilling shot is a good idea.
When M & M had their operations it was Fred I was sorry for too. Milly had hers first and when she came home she was in so much pain and he was almost in tears, poor man!
When Mabel went about three weeks later, he was really down and asked the vet if it was possible for a stronger pain killer for her - the vet was very understanding and she twigged on straight away and comforted him as if he was her patient. Anyway, it was not so bad for Mabel.

Anyway, I am sure little Nala will be fine a few days and one thing, it is all over. But that poor little shaved tummy, bless her. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I hope little Nala is feeling better every day! At least it's all over with and she'll never have to go through that again!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

awwwww hope shes well soon xxxxx
AmberLea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AmberLea »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes, i'd thought i'd give you all a little update on my patient...

Nala had a good nite but was very uncomfortable this morning and feeling the pain, so after a visit to the vet for a painkilling shot and breakfastand tucked back into bed with her duvet she proceeded to sleep the morning and early afternoon off, i went to work this afternoon and was honestly fretting about leaving her for 4hrs alone with the other dogs, only to find Nala on the couch looking out of the window on my return home, tail wagging and very back to her normal self.

I took her a short walk fed her some dinner and she even had a short run round the garden, so my little bear cub is 99% back to herself, we visit the vet again on Tues for stitches out and her check up, her recovery has surprised me this quick but thats the wonder of our beloved breed for you!

As for the comments about little Nala, she weighed in at 70lbs, but she's still my baby bear cub lol... \:D/
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I'm so glad she's feeling better! :) It's so hard to leave them when they aren't feeling well.
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Nala,

Maxine here, I hope you are feeling better soon, I got fixed lately and didn't even know I was broken, ask your mommy for extra tummy scratches, and maybe ice cream, I think my doctor said it was good for fixing

Maxine
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ Glad Nala is recovering nicely but you should still keep her calm no matter how "spunky" she might feel. When Shiloh was spayed, she handled it really well. Actually, it was one of the rare times that she got up on the couch to sleep on top of my legs. (I slept downstairs on the couch to make sure she was okay following surgery.). :shock:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh