General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

call for stories

Post by Karla »

Hi everyone,
As its the first day of spring and I've gotten the spring cleaning bug and will be hauling the vacuum out and over everything this weekend aaaaand, not gonna lie, am a bit bored at work and looking for a laugh... I thought I'd put out a call to everyone for their funny chow vs vacuum routines. I don't know why but I get such a kick out of animals and vacuums. Here's mine...

Mika - Does well but is:
a)reluctant to move, hateful of the loud thing that wants her spot
b)once moved, dances around it trying to "protect" me from it and engage it in play/interaction all at the same time, she tries to make eye contact with it, then looks at me and tried to get between us because I obviously need to be saved from this screaming thing that was rude enough to displace her highness Mika.

All in all always a bit of fun to watch...

Happy spring to All!
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: call for stories

Post by Sirchow »

My best one was the day after we got Bramble and I decided to do a little cleaning. After a couple of minutes I realised there was no puppy. I searched everywhere upstairs under beds and began to panic when I saw her careering past the window - she had shot straight through the cat flap! Luckilly she grew quite quickly.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters will tuck tail and run to the nearest computer desk. Then he will promptly turn and turn until he is tangled in every cord under the desk. So when the vacum is put away the computer will have to be re-assembled!! LOL. Mind you he has a doggie door, but he prefers to unplug the computers instead of going outside :roll:
SweetPea Rocks!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The vacuum is Lily's phobia to conquer. She hated it and ran from the first moment. Pip on the other hand does the deer in headlights thing with a twist. She will try and move out of the way (I assume that is what she is doing) but walks right into the path of the vacuum, and stands there.

Lily is determined to overcome her fear. She will go up about 4 stairs when I start up the vacuum, then cautiously comes down, and tries to come as close as she can bear. If I change direction and come toward her, she used to run, but now will stand her ground until I am quite close. I have to move pretty slowly though, no sudden moves. She really has come a long way. She is the first animal I have ever owned that made an attempt to consciously over-come a fear. I do my part by not making a joke of her fear and rushing at her with the vacuum. Now Pip...I always ask her if that is the best place to move, right in my path...lol.

I call this photo my enemy, my pillow.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

The vacuum we use to clean up the mess from our woodstove seems to be enjoyed by my Molly! My husband started using it on the dogs when we first got it. I don't use it much, but was cleaning something up on the floor when I realized Molly was very close to me, looking at me with a very friendly, expectant look. I finally thought, "she wants me to vacuum her!!" I didn't realize at first, because it's usually Mike who uses that vacuum! It was so funny...she had such an inviting look on her face, like, come on, I'm ready for my vacuuming! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

lol, esp the computer-bandit, thanks for the racontes, this site breaks up my work day really well and makes time fly...i hope more get posted
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

Buddha used to always run away from the "monster". Now he is more cautiously curious. He will go sniff and check it out just a little before I turn it on, then he backs off and watches. He will sometimes follow me around like he wants to go to it when it's running, but chickens out. As soon as I turn it off and roll it away, he runs and hides again.
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Shiloh and Nahkohe tend to ignore the evil Kirby until it gets too close...then they grudgingly move aside.
Now, the water softener is another matter! Nahkohe hates it. Until I reset it to run mid-day while he's outside, he would bark and bark at it when it would go through the regen cycle...the other day I was putting in the pellets and had the lid off when the doorbell rang. Next thing I know, he's doing his angry bark then trots out of the garage. He tagged the lid!! :shock:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

That is too funny about the water softener, in our house, its me that has a hate on for it's regen cycle, although I've never had the urge to "tag the lid" ...yet :)
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Our Rowlee used to looooooooooove the vacuum cleaner. He would come from "miles" when he heard it start up and follow me and the vacuum around. I could never work out why he liked it especially as he used to run for the hills when he heard the toaster pop up :?

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!