General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chutters
Rank 0
Rank 0

17 Chows died in PA Kennel Fire

Post by Chutters »

Hi Everyone,

This is Mia (Lise), somehow I lost my password for the account. I would like to get back into the MIa account.

Anyway, this fire, which is noted in another thread, killed 17 chows, one of which was Chutney's mom. Almost all the chows from there were Chutney's family. The owner, Karen Tracy of Pazzazz kennels is a true dog lover and not in the breeding business for money or recognition. She is the humblest chow lover I have ever met.

I know that there are people who believe that breeders are evil and ruthless, but I promise you this woman walks the walk when it comes to her dogs. There is no one who takes better care of her dogs and she loves and cares for each and every one. And, as many of you have no use for breeders, had no one cared for this breed for the last hundreds of years, we would not have our lovely, stately, unique chow gifts from God.

May I also add, that I am sure that NO chow of Karen's has ever, ever been turned into a homeless dog. Karen is adament about keeping stingent track of here chows. She would march into someone's house and take the dog away if she felt the slightest concern. She has taken dogs back and they stay with her forever. They do not sit in a kennel and rot. They are treated like family and loved even if they are not used for breeding.

Chows that are bred by a breeder are not replacing homeless chows looking for a home. Good breeders do not breed usually more than once a year and then it is with purpose. Those chows are marked for people. Karen does not breed her dogs for the public. You could wait for years to get a chow from Karen, but you will get one who is bred for health and personality and beauty. She does not breed unless she has a clear health certification for the parents.

When Chutters came out blind, several vets told her to just put him to sleep. At the time I heard of that, I drove up to her place to adopt him. From the year and a half that I have been on this board, I hope that you know that no chow could find a better, more caring home than with me. Still, Karen gave me the third degree and was very hesitant about giving me Chutney. As a matter of fact, if I had not been good friends of one of her friends, I don't think she would have given him to me.

In the year and half that I have had Chutters, she is always wanting news and pictures. If I neglect a month, she contacts me. I think secretly she keeps track of Chutters through our mutual friends. I have no doubt that if she thought Chutters wasn't happy, she'd drive right down and take him from me, LOL!!!

There is nothing good enough for her babies. She puts her heart and soul, sweat and blood into the health and happiness of her chows. She sacrifices creature comforts for the wellness of her chows. She doesn't value her dogs for money or stature, but for the love of her chows.

In the other thread about this story is a place to donate. While I know that times are hard, I ask that you try to help a woman who has lost 17 babies, has several in intensive care and has lost her kennels and part of her house. She is not a wealthy woman and has no aspirations to be. She is just a woman who loves her chows and has made it her life's work to produce and love spectacular chows.

In the end, she is just a woman who lost 17 of her precious babies who she loved and cared for every single hour of her day in a horrible fire which she had to stand by and watch. In the end, she is just a mommy who has had to watch her babies cry their way to the rainbow bridge. In the end, she is watching and praying for her many chows that are horribly burned and fighting for their lives in veterinary intensive care hospitals.

Karren....we pray for you and your babies....
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 17 Chows died in PA Kennel Fire

Post by CoraP. »

You have said the same thing that many others have said about Karen. She sounds like a wonderful person and one who deserves all the help we can give. I won't be able to donate a lot, but I will certainly give what I can. This is a horrible tragedy.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Karen as I said in the last post, my heart goes out to you. I to was a breeder of Chows for years, and I know what you are going through right now, God bless you.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

mamasboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mamasboy »

bump
ImageImage
LEO
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I am so sorry for everyone's loss. What a horrible tragedy.
courtsey of Sweetpea