CC was chokeing

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bevgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

CC was chokeing

Post by bevgo »

I gave her a piece of chicken jerky. A treat that she has had a million times. Suddenly she was pawing at her face, then jumpped in my lap--all 30 pounds of her and was trying to paw at my face. I realized she was in trouble and did a mouth sweep and disloged the chicken. Hubby was laughing at her as he thought she was just trying to play. I thought it was rather smart of her to make sure she got my attention and let me know she was having a BIG problem. TG I was right there and was able to disloge it. I was wondering if a heimlich manuver would work on a dog but so glad I did not have to find out. It scared me soooo bad. I hate to think I could have lost her.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: CC was chokeing

Post by Jeff&Peks »

There use to be a thread in the health section just for Chow emergencies, Choking, bloat, heat stroke, ETC. I was going to refer you to , BUT ITS GONE. Its cool she knew how to get help, I don't think other breeds are that smart.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5190

It's not gone. You looked in the wrong section. Terry placed it under the Community section.

[:D] Thank goodness you and Cece were in tune with one another. However, don't think about the what if, it's a waste of good energy. Just focus forward with gratitude. :x
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so glad CC is ok, God thing you were there. Think I will pick up treats before I leave.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

So glad CC let Mom know something was wrong and I'm soooo glad she is ok =D= Good Idea David, to pick of treats when not home :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That must have been scary. Forgive your husband, he just didn't realize CC was in trouble. You did though, and good job, saving your baby.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Wow, that must have been scary. CC certainly is a smart cookie!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am SO glad you were able to help CC! What a smart girl to let you know something was terribly wrong. I guess she also knew NOT to go to your husband!!(LOL)
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand