We are moving to London!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

We are moving to London!!

Post by Chingshouse »

actually we are moving to RAF Lakenheath. Mike has to be there 31July and I will follow as soon as I am cleared from my csection which is scheduled for 2July......if I make it that far :) I have a friend that is going to keep Harley and Socks for us while we are gone and Ming & Sophie the cat will be going with us. We are only allowed 2 animals in base housing so we will have to re-home the 2 rabbits but at least our pups will be well taken care of while we are gone. This is a 3 year assignment and then we can finally retire hopefully in Missouri and get our chow rescue started! We were told we were going to Marylond so this is a huge shock for us but I am real excited to take my girls to the UK and show them a different part of the world!!

Barb :)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: We are moving to London!!

Post by Dogdad »

Congratulations, What an exciting adventure

David
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Keyko is going to be soooooooo jealous when she finds out her sis is going over seas.

Best of luck
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

That sounds very exciting! I hope you'll keep in touch while you're there!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

That's so exciting! I'm so jealous! My ex boyfriend was stationed in Lakenheath, he loved it!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Aww man, we'll be all alone in Florida!

Best of luck to you guys though, I hope you enjoy it!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Your going to be a bit of a drive away from London - but a lot closer than you are right now I suppose. The area your moving to has loads of stuff to do, you certainly won't be bored. You'll be close to Cambridge (where my sister lives) which is a lovely city with loads of nice eating places and grat shopping and streets and lanes to get lost around. Norwich is great for that sort of thing too. (the Rowntree chocolater factory is in Norwich, it took my sometime to figure out where the cocolate smell came form #-o ) You'll be such a short way from the coast and I'm sure in your 3 year posting you will visit sunny Hunny (Hunstanton) and the Norfolk Broads - Oh your making me feel a little homesick, I have lived in Norwich, Cambridge and Bedford and I know Lincoln and Kings Lynn fairly well too. Have loads of fun on your posting and I'm sure we'll hear loads of tales!
Thank you Sweatpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Welcome to The Island. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)