does anyone else have a pogo chow???

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

does anyone else have a pogo chow???

Post by cleopatra20043 »

She does this all the time and this is the only time that I enticed her to do so but I thought I would share and see if anyone else has a pogo chow!

Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: does anyone else have a pogo chow???

Post by Judy Fox »

No, I open the door for my chow chows!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

LOL no pog chows here, Yoshi prances like pepe le peu. Cute video.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

OMG! How cute! I had a good laugh over that one! No, I don't have a pogo chow either.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Judy Fox wrote:No, I open the door for my chow chows!

LOL Judy! She does that all the time, that's how she lets me know she wants in but to get it on video I had to call for her. I tried catching her doing it before but never could.
Thank you Sweetpea!!

nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time =D= I didn't think chows were very good jumpers but she certainly puts that theory to rest!
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Carter loves to jump on everything! Chairs, couches, benches, grooming tables, in the car. All you have to say is "up up" and he's there.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble does this beside me when I make her food because she knows she is not allowed to jump up on me. She bounces on the spot till her food is ready. Thank goodness she doesn't jump that high or she would be on the kitchen counter! :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

That's Princess only she does it from the inside to look out or to get someones attention. She can even stand on her hind legs and balance herself like that for several minutes.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

cleopatra20043 wrote:
Judy Fox wrote:No, I open the door for my chow chows!

LOL Judy! She does that all the time, that's how she lets me know she wants in but to get it on video I had to call for her. I tried catching her doing it before but never could.
BTW, did you know your door is upside down? That's what Miss Pooh Bear says. The glass should be on the lower end so you can see Cai Li approach, with enough time to lay the red carpet out and then open the door for her right away. :lol: #-o
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes well, Milly and Mabel agree to a degree with what Miss Pooh Bear says. However, ideally they would like us to have a chow door fitted - that would make their life perfect. If we did, it would be flipping back and fro all day and night - not ideal for us!! :lol: :lol:
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Too cute! We put in a doggie door in our back storm door and after they quit being scared of the flap (took months :roll: ) and started using it I found that they like to be outside alot more then I knew so I leave it open when I am home. Now with the cool weather they love to lay out on the deck instead of on the couch with us. :(
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Well M & M's idea of doors is that they should be open - all the time. I mean, why would we need to close the door. There is only snow and ice on the ground and an icy wind blowing - with the door open, they could come in and check on us then go out again. It is like that in the summer so why not now? :roll: :lol:
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

I wish that I could have a doggie door installed on that door too, that door just goes to a storage/enclosed porch type of room and then the door to go out is in there. We do have a doggie door on that one but I can't put one on the other door too because RA and Cai Li have "issues" with each other so we have to constantly keep them seperated or it's a knock down drag out fight, I still have scars on my arm from where RA got a hold of me instead of Cai Li when I was holding her trying to seperate them and that was months ago, hubby got a broken thumb from trying to seperate them in the same fight. So unfortunately they can't have constant access to the outside, we have to switch them in and out through out the day. At night Cai Li sleeps with me and RA is fine with the others so she is out all night and none of them have to sleep outside.
Thank you Sweetpea!!

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Yep, Firesong is a pogo chow too, she can stand on her hind legs for a minute or two as well. She jumbs on or over everything, she can jumb up on a four foot wall from a standstilll, and 5 or more feet if she has a bit of room to run. On top of that she's very "handsy" in that she uses her front feet as hands and often has to stand on her hind legs to do it. I'm going to try and get some video of her doing some of this stuff.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

How funny thanks for sharing!
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...