warning

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

warning

Post by lola chow »

i have learnt a valuable lesson since we got our little lola WHEN GROOMING DONT WEAR BLACK unless your chow is black ,you will end up looking like a little chow your self #-o #-o #-o
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: warning

Post by Dogdad »

I have to de-fur everday, when I first get to work :D
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I just saw a commercial for a new Scotchguard product to be used to get pet hair off furniture. I'll be looking for it when I go shopping!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

My son bought one black t-shirt this year.It will be the last one he ever bought.He learns fast,lol
I groom them every other day,right before I vacuum and do laundry \:D/
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

I've got so many fur kids I'm like David and I de-fur when I get to work. I don't bother while still at home because it doesn't matter what I'm wearing fur is in the air lol!
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

cleopatra20043 wrote:I've got so many fur kids I'm like David and I de-fur when I get to work. I don't bother while still at home because it doesn't matter what I'm wearing fur is in the air lol!
I have 5 dogs and a cat,hatchoo.What helps,I always have the airconditioning fan on,so it sucks and blows air even when it's not heating or cooling.That way at least I know in which corners of the house the fur piles up,lol.
ac13
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ac13 »

Funny, my last chow "Cash" that pasted away a few years ago shed so much. I would take her in the middle of the street outside my house and actually rub the hair off of her and let the wind take it down the street. I swear it looked like the old west and her hair looked like the tumble weed.
NanouetJon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NanouetJon »

Maddoxx is shedding for the 1st time and is obsessed with his own hair. I groom it out of him and he sits and watches the ball of fur I make. Or if a waft of hair drifts away he scampers after it. Its crazy!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Cheyenne is my worst one since JR is more silky....and she has huge lumps of "orange" fluff everwhere around the house...in my food and on me.
Oh well...one of the pleasures of owning Chows that I wouldn't give up for the world!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

This is a photo of me after brushing colonel.
Last edited by bama on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

thats so true :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Bear is a hairball...I could vac every day. Just bought a new vac yesterday, it has this cyclone action thingie...it made cotton candy looking hairballs....so hilarious. :lol:
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

lol, so true, when I groom Mika I end up looking like a fuzz ball myself - good times! I use the soft brush (the one on the back of many pin brushes) to get it off my clothes, it works pretty well as a first line of puppy-wool removal. When shed time comes, I too take her outdoors and giver, I call what flies off of her the mini-me's. My cat is obsessed with Mika's and her own mini-me's and she'll chase them and eat them - strange girl she is. Don't we all just love the mini-me's that have block parties in the corners of our houses?
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I learned a long time ago to take one of those rollers that remover the hair from clothes with me when I leave the house. :lol: Between Tippsy, Jasper, Li'l Bit(the chihuahua, who shockingly sheds a lot even with short hair) and the five cats, I can't get away from pet hair.

I too just take Tippsy out on the driveway, brush her and just let the wind take the hair where it will.

Great pic Bama! :laughloud:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

I have you all beat. I have 2 dogs and 10 cats, so I am never without pet hair! Plus I'm a groomer, so when I'm at work I'm covered, when I'm at home I'm covered. My car is all hairy, so just by sitting in it, I get covered. I try not to buy clothing that will attract or show too much hair. With 12 shedding pets, there is no end to it!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Well, at least you don't have to worry about hair on your clothes when you get to work! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand