a new puppy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

a new puppy

Post by kez65 »

Denise asked me if i knew how she can either rescue a puppy here in melb or even get a new puppy.she cant find any pups and there are waiting lists an arm long...never thought they were so hard to come by....
She asked the people who had daisy where they got her they told her the trading post......who knows.....where they came from we will never know but anywway..my husky breeder told me to never buy from the trading post or pet shop..no quarantees with either.....so what can i advise her???? there is 2 dogs for rescue in queensland ....but nothing close....any ideas???
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: a new puppy

Post by CoraP. »

I don't know what to tell you...I wish we could ship one of the many we have here in the U.S. over there! We have so many that need homes. Hopefully Denise will find a chow somewhere. Good luck to her!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

yep you guys have so many chows that need homes,i guess its a good thing we cant find any...the more chows who have homes are far better than ones who dont so in one way its a good thing..how ever telling denise that is another thing..she wants a chow...and wants it now...there are 2.. 11 year old males in queensland we rang the woman and the people who are surrendering them havent contacted her in 3 weeks so she isnt sure whats going on...we just have to wait and see....hopefully one will turn up eventually..she said shed prefer an adult dog but would love a puppy just the same...
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Well, I hope she gets her wish. There's got to be one somewhere.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

kez65 wrote:yep you guys have so many chows that need homes,i guess its a good thing we cant find any...the more chows who have homes are far better than ones who dont so in one way its a good thing..how ever telling denise that is another thing..she wants a chow...and wants it now...there are 2.. 11 year old males in queensland we rang the woman and the people who are surrendering them havent contacted her in 3 weeks so she isnt sure whats going on...we just have to wait and see....hopefully one will turn up eventually..she said shed prefer an adult dog but would love a puppy just the same...

It is a good thing, Less homeless hopless dogs. I am not sure where you are ,but are there pet transports in Australia, Queensland may not be too far away if you can help get transport. http://www.dogtainers.com.au/ this is a professional one, but there may be volunteer ones like we have here in the US

David
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

thanks david ill look into that. ill find the link to the 2 dogs and post it,theyre cute....
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

http://www.taukaichowchows.com/page4.asp

the 2 chows are the last two max and murphy..arent they cute ..i so want to adopt these two....thanks again david ill check out that info..i wonder if they woukd transport them from up qld to vic....
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

they are beautiful but Try to keep opposite *Censored Word* chows together,2 same *Censored Word* chows it isn't a good mix in most cases. I had 2 males and it was a problem, Vicster has 2 females and same thing. Others have 2 of the same *Censored Word* but I know some rescues in the us do not reccomend housing 2 same *Censored Word* chows together
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

It sounds like they might have been raised together??? Maybe it could work if they have lived together before. They are gorgeous!!! Keep us posted!!! :D

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sengeoz »

Have you contacted Elizabeth Simpson of Tsulin Kennels in Ocean Grove? She operates the Chow Club of Victoria's rescue / rehoming program... Also contact Dogs NSW & get the Chow Club of NSW contact person's details & talk to them - they occasionally have rescues needing new homes.

Cheers,
Judith-Ann
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

no i havent, but thats a good idea..i will call her and see what or if she has any.
Is it common in australia to have rescues like the states?? it seems every second dog is a chow .But here theyre rare..and the ones in the trading post worry me..i was told never to buy from pet shops or the trading post is it the same for chows??