Found A Chow-ling!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Found A Chow-ling!

Post by Tovya »

I'm so excited! Chris of Stardust Chows in NJ emailed me to tell me that she has a black female puppy available. I'm still in the process of getting all the details - D.O.B., etc. I will post all the information as I get it.

Tovya
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Congratulations Tovya! I don't anything about chow breeders, so maybe others will more useful info for you, but a little black girl...hurray!!! Congratulations...can't wait to start seeing the pics!
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Thanks ChowFrnd! She actually sent me video of her Chows - her last litter and the new puppies. And I just got an email from her saying they were born 27 April, so the pups will be available in mid-June. Just in time for my birthday! :D She is a small breeder. The puppies are kept in the house and are socialized. They have a nice outdoor area so the puppys are well exercised. She told me that the pup will be groomed and have nails clipped when I go to get her.

Tovya

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh lovely. I bet you are excited. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh wow!! Mid-June!!! That's so cool, now you get to go through the anticipation Nancy went through. :D Have fun shopping for her!!
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

:lol: I already feel like an expectant mother!

And Judy, I shop here at work. She'll have every toy and piece of dog paraphenalia known to man - as does her big brother, Chuy. His toy box is so full I need to get a bigger one. We get so many samples and freebies here.

Her name will be Magda - Maggie for short. :)

Tovya

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh that it lovely. I was wondering what you intended to call her but did not want to ask. Magda is lovely but it is obvious she would get Maggie. It is a lovely warm name. So we have Milly, Mabel, Molly and now Maggie. My boxer we had before M & M was called Meggie. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Found A Chow-ling!

Post by ngraham »

Tovya wrote:I'm so excited! Chris of Stardust Chows in NJ emailed me to tell me that she has a black female puppy available. I'm still in the process of getting all the details - D.O.B., etc. I will post all the information as I get it.
OMG!!! How cool is that? I know the expectation you are feeling right now, and to be honest, I sure don't envy you or Susi at all. I am so glad that part of it is over for me. I am so tickled for both you and Susi, Tovya. A little black chowling. I don't know what color Susi's chowling is, but it sure sounds as if a number of chowlings will be taking over the boards! I am so happy for you. Molly won't be the new kid on the block for long, will she? How lucky for Maggie that her mom works where she does. Koda and Molly could only wish for that. LOL But believe me, neither of them is going without. :) Judy, sounds as if you have started something... the "M" gang, Milly, Mabel, Molly and now Maggie. Congratulations Tovya!
Nancy and Tai

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

STardust Chows are one of the best Kennels in America, So welcome little chowling to our forum and I do hope you enjoy being talked about.
I would love to have a Stardust Chow, but to far away to get one and far to expensive.
Are you going to show him I know he will be show quality. Good Luck
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Congrats!!!!

We're welcoming a little black chow baby in 2 1/2 more weeks I can't wait!!!
Mommy to Cabo
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

carolyn dewrance wrote:STardust Chows are one of the best Kennels in America,
I could very well be wrong but I've been doing a heck of alot of research lately....I think you mean StarCREST. I have never heard of StarDUST.

Anyway, congrats on the puppy Tovya! I am JEALOUS!
I await still, that special litter that might hold my next, love.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

YES YOU ARE RIGHT SORRY I MADE THE MISTAKE, ANYWAY GOOD LUCK WITH A WONDERFUL CHOWLING
CAROLYN
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

goodas_AU
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by goodas_AU »

Congrats- Tovya

All the best to you! You must be soooooo excited!

Just remember that....when your waking up in the middle of the night for bathroom breaks! hehe :wink:

All kidding aside , hope you get a beautiful baby!

Leigh
In Loving Memory of my best friend in the world "BEAR" 1987-2002

Here's to new beginnings "Tucker"
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

goodas_AU wrote:Congrats- Tovya

All the best to you! You must be soooooo excited!

Just remember that....when your waking up in the middle of the night for bathroom breaks! hehe :wink:

All kidding aside , hope you get a beautiful baby!

Leigh
LOL.... I tell myself the same thing as I am half asleep walking outside with Molly in the middle of the night while she takes her time searching for that perfect spot to potty, uses it, then looks for another spot. <sigh>
Nancy and Tai

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Susi...
have you got a name picked out yet for your new baby boy? And when do we get to see some pictures? LOL I am so excited for both you and Tovya. It's neat trying to think about what it will be like with your new baby. But I am still glad my wait it over. LOL I don't think I could have stood it much longer.:)
Nancy and Tai

Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Thank you one and all for your congratulations! Chuy and I just got back from Vermont where we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately it rained the entire time and Chuy didn't get to do much rabbit chasing. :(
Now we are looking forward to Magda's arrival. And yes, I am contemplating the nights of puppy crying, the midnight potty runs and the puddles and piles on the floor. I'm feeling most sorry for poor Chuy who will be the natural focus of all of her boundless energies.
But I have the consolation that Chubaka was a wonderful puppy. He wasn't very destructive and was house trained very quickly. I'm curious to know everyone else's experiences with their Chow babies. Does anyone have any nightmare stories?

Tovya

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I have absolutely no nightmare stories, with any of my baby chowlings, ever. All 3 have been easy to housebreak... well we aren't there yet with Molly, but she is doing great considering she has had not only a new family AND 2 new homes to adjust to (we moved over the weekend), and altho I can't say she is perfect yet... she's pretty close. Themiddle of the night outing are getting alot better... I think alot of that was my fault for feeding her too late. Sasha and Koda were not chewers.. yes they did have a few things they did chew... but it wasn't over kill. Molly has her monkey she chews on and we ate trying to focus her attention on it when she chews. Right now she is loving the corners of boxes sitting around the house begging to be emptied. LOL
Nancy and Tai

Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

Congratualtion on your future

Shane
Mika's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mika's Mom »

My Little Mika..oh what a sweetheart! She was VERY good as a pup and has now started to whine a bit and bark at night....otherwise..she was great! We were so blessed to get "her"! :)

Sarah
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

It looks like there is a video montage of some of their chows and chowlings at

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/vi ... 065789e355

I wonder if one of the pups pictured is yours. They're awful cute.

Sylvia
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Yes Sylvia, my Magda is the black puppy in the litter at the end of the montage. Chris had sent me that footage when she introduced herself to me. I'm glad others are seeing this video. Her Chows are gorgeous.
I'm still working on figuring out how to post photos here. I'm at work so I don't have much time to play with things. Chris sent me two photos of Magda last week when she was three weeks old. :D

Tovya

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Tovya,
if you'll email me the pics at celticunicornz@gmail.com, I will post them for you.
Nancy and Tai