i think keyko is a mix

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

i think keyko is a mix

Post by chowkidz »

She has to be with that messed up tail she has #-o . Shes either mixed with a skunk or a beagle :lol when she was smaller i said it reminded me of a metronome because she wags her tail 24/7. I keep telling her she better start to hook that thing or i will have to duct tape it to her......... :wink:

in all seriousness has anyone had a chow whose tail never curled? We looked at baby pictures of all our other chowkidz and by this age their tails were at least laying on their backs.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: i think keyko is a mix

Post by Laura »

Well Shug wags his 24/7 but it layed on his back from the day I got him I think when he was tiny...same with Chloe. Have you asked her vet about it to make sure nothing is wrong with it? We need some new pics to properly investigate this situation. :wink:
You tell her that Aunt Laura said her tail is perfect!! :lol:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yes, we need a pic to investigate this properly
Kearra's tail is so tight over her back that she doesn't have hair on the very tip of her tail and when she wags, its more like shakin' her pom-pom
Kyra's is more like wavin' a flag and has very little curl to it, but she does hold it over her back
OK lets see it....its my guess she could be mixed with love to wag it so much though

Thanks Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Yep....pics needed!
Colonel shakes his tail like a feather duster, more than wagging it in a full swing.
Now, if I could just teach him to back his butt up to the furniture and dust it, all would be grand!
So, for all of you who's chowkids wag 24/7....teach them to dust the furniture!!! Think people think! :lol: :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Chi-Chings tail can curl up over his back but most of the time it is down or part way up......I think he is just lazy! haha
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Sorry it took so long but i finally have some pictures of Keyko and her sheppard tail................I have noticed over the last week she does carry it a little more but i am convienced she is just lazy and does not want to carry it.

if she is standing still or walking this is how it normally looks.
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Except for the lazy tail, she looks PB. She is darling, regardless of her tailset!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

• Hmm...interesting. It looks like a regular chow tail...just not up as high as they usually are!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

chowkidz wrote:.. in all seriousness has anyone had a chow whose tail never curled?
It's possible for Chows to inherit stunted tails - you might research 'brachury'. It's also possible for puppies to have had tails broken, then healing at that odd angle. Have you felt the tail bones for any kink from a break?
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Tucker's tail did that.
ImageImageImage
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

HAHA, it's a sister trait!!! :) When Ming runs, hers is straight back and if she is just walking around it is up but curls sideways......pure fat laziness!!! :mrgreen: Now if she is in trouble it is down and we see this ALOT!!!

Does Keyko have any pink in her mouth? Oh, does she get car sick???

Barb :)
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

PB or not and goofy tail or cork scew tail she is stuck with us. She is a unique character. It folds over now except when she is running or scared. It is no where near as tight as Jade or Nooks but it looks really pretty when it lays on her back. We are 99% sure she is PB i just tease her about having a sheppard tail.

Barb Keyko has a couple of very small pink spots on the side of her tongue other then that it is pretty dark. Thankfully no she does not get car sick. Nanook threw up a lot the first year or so we had him. We realized it was the new car smell that was doing it. We had two new Durangos in one year ( wrecked the first one) So when we got the 4runner we did not take him in it until the smell was all gone. Keyko is just now getting used to going for rides. She would pant and whine every time we would take her somewhere. We chalked that up to the first day we had her she spent 20 hours is the truck.

Does Ming poke you in the back of the legs, like she is trying to herd you? Did you hear from the "rescue" they came from?
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

HAHA!! She totally walks behind us especially in the morning when it's potty time and you have to be careful of her being under feet!! :) She is so fun!!