Uh oh, Lola ate my homework

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Uh oh, Lola ate my homework

Post by pfordeb »

Well, she really did eat a library book. Wonder what that's going to set me back? That's the first non-junk thing she's eaten (well, she ate a rubber stamp and a pencil but did not swallow). I can tell, we're going to have to baby-proof the house better.

She has turned into a bit of a nipper. I'm sure we're somehow projecting things on her, but she is so much like Sullivan in personality. I'd forgotten how wild Sullivan was when we first got her, it's so hard to imagine, but she was. The first time we took her to an obedience class, she spent the whole time growling at the other dogs, and the trainer said she was unmanageable and would probably bite someone. We saw that same trainer like 4 years later with our well-behaved little princess (who still occasionally growled at other dogs, especially Gilbert).

Anyway, we were brushing Lola out last night and she did Ok until we got to her mane, and, just like Sullivan, she turned her head to nip us. She also got into a little spat with Charlie (yes, Charlie) over a toy. They might have been play fighting, but Charlie actually bared his teeth. He was also trying to jump on her but on her side (not mounting). Charlie's usually a lover, not a fighter, so Lola's bringing out another side of him. I have a funny picture of him with her, though, part of a series where he looks like a devil dog, then in the next picture he looks like he's attacking her. I know they are deciding who's the boss, and I did say I wanted a dominant female. Be careful what you ask for ... Really, it's just part of the learning curve for all of us.

Hopefully, we'll have some dogs and objects left today. It's my first day back after winter break.
courtsey of Sweetpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Uh oh, Lola ate my homework

Post by jacqui »

Debbie,
Lola is just showing her true colors now because shes getting comfortable in her new home. :lol:
yes,be careful what you wish for because you'll have a little girl thats getting too big for her britches.
I hope the boys will put her in her place when she trys to assert herself too much.
if you are concerned about her when you go to work,could you put a baby gate up to keep her in one room while your gone?
she sounds like shes a little :{|} .
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Turns out, Lola lets her dad brush out her mane etc. She has turned into such a daddy's girl. I posted more pictures in the photo section. She cracks me up when she imitates Charlie and he ignores her (just like kids). Poor Gilbert is slowly realizing he's not going to be the boss.
courtsey of Sweetpea
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I saw the pics and she's a little doll. Girls always seem bossier than boys...that goes for Chows too. :wink:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Hey, I like a girl with some spunk! LOL
If you could just teach her to DO your homework and not eat it,
that would be great! :lol: :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!