I have a confession to make

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I have a confession to make

Post by chow fancier »

IMHO, everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone takes responsibility for them. Julia, you took responsibility for your lapse and made sure the pups had good homes, informed the buyers of the potential health issues, and noted the pups as unbreedable on their AKC registration. Well done.

Laura, Fozzie looks beautiful and is going to be a monster chow.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Beautiful puppies. So glad they all found homes and that the new owners know about the health issues. At least she took responsibility for what happened and is trying to make sure that the puppies stay well and taken care of. She went out of her way to make sure the contract took care of any future issues. It happened, its over, lesson learned.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

69lbs at 8.5 months! He's huge, and he hasn't filled out yet! I see an 80lb chow boy in your future...that's okay, more of him to hug! He and his brother Shoa are gorgeous.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

Fozzie is DEFINITELY a a huge boy! Wally was 3/4 Chow and 1/4 Golden Retriever (he had the most beautiful coat) and weighed 80 lbs. in his prime.
I took some more pictures of Foz tonight and in one of them, he's next to our Anatolian Shepherd, Lucy, who weighed in at 114 lbs. this past weekend at the vet's office. I don't know if it's all Fozzie's fur or he really is that big, but I think back to Wally and Fozzie will easily be a match for that size. I mean, he's still a few months away from a year old!
I agree with all of you...I think he'll be a monster Chow! I love his face and how cuddly he is. It's just the best!
I prefer not to think of him as a mistake though really.
I know plenty of human beings who were conceived as "mistakes", including my husband and my own sister, admitted to by their own parents. Too bad we can't hold all those "breeding human beings" responsible!
I respect Melanie's opinions, but I'll bet she wouldn't think of ragging on my parents for producing my sister, or my in-laws for inadvertenly producing my husband!
So, I find it peculiar (and a tad hypocritical) that there are such harsh criticisms over unplanned litters of purebred dogs by otherwise extremely responsible owners, while humans are the world's worst over-populaters.
In the City of Albuquerque, EVERY dog owner is required by law to spay and neuter their dogs and cats unless the owner is a licensed breeder. However, if "sh*t" happens, nobody is browbeaten or humiliated and castigated. (Can you imagine if we had rules like that for humans? Only the perfect can breed?)
Chows are very hard to come by in the Rocky Mountain region, and I was joyous to have found Fozzie at all within 250 miles of New Mexico. Perhaps they are a dime-a-dozen in Alaska, but that's not the case in this area.
I thank the Creator everyday that Fozzie here! Yes, that much-loved, chubby, sweet-to-the-core, absolutely adored little mistake.
Attachments
Foz and Lucy 121608.jpg
Foz and Lucy 121608.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
It's no mistake that I'm loved!
It's no mistake that I'm loved!
Fozzie CU Breezer 121608.jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
Fozzie and Breezer 121608.jpg
Fozzie and Breezer 121608.jpg (43.51 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

I guess it depends on your definition of a mistake. If a mistake is merely something you had not intended to happen, but did, then there is no problem with that word for either humans or chowlings. If a mistake is something you still wish hadn't happened, then it's not the proper word for either humans or chowlings.

How about a surprise rather than a mistake? A surprise can be defined as something you didn't know you wanted until it arrived, and then is appropriate in both instances.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868