My chow is crazy.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Scarlets Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

My chow is crazy.

Post by Scarlets Mom »

I found Scarlet calmly walking down one of the busiest expressways here in Houston. Cars were flying by her going 65mph and even though I had been "warned" about Chows, I knew I could not leave her on that expressway. She was skin and bones and the only thing the vet could tell me for sure was that someone had used her as a puppy producing machine. As soon as she gained wt and became healthy I got her spayed, (there are too many unwanted dogs being euthanized as it is). I then set about trying to find her a good forever home. One woman was interested but changed her mind brfore I could even do a home visit. Her reason? she has children and Chows are "crazy". Almost two years have passed since that day and I still have my "crazy" chow. We are her forever family. She is one of the smartest most headstrong dogs I have ever known. We play this game where I look at her and say "Who's my crazy Chow Chow?" She'll roll over on her back and just wiggle with delight, she never tires of it and I love to watch the happy silly dog she has become. I love her with all my heart and am soooo glad that she is mine, and btw I do have children (my oldest is disabled and Scarlet seems to sense this and is extra patient with her). Here's to all those crazy "Chows" =D= =D= =D=
kingalls

Re: My chow is crazy.

Post by kingalls »

=D= =D= You are wonderful to have saved Scarlet and given her a forever home. I love to hear great stories like yours.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Yes, we all must be a little "crazy" too, since we love our chows so much...chow-crazy, that is!! :D I'm glad you kept Scarlet and gave her a good home.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

You should post of video of your "crazy" routine.
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

:D Crazy Chows are the best Chows!! LOL. Besides we all know that the Chow Owners are the ones you have to watch out for! 8)

Great Story, and I am so happy she has her forever home!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

very happy story :D
wishing you and Scarlet many happy years together.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".