I Swear He's Playing Mind Games With Me LoL

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

WeLoveLeRoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

I Swear He's Playing Mind Games With Me LoL

Post by WeLoveLeRoy »

We have a patio off of the living room. It's actually perfect for Leroy. He gets to watch over the neighbour hood too cuz it faces the front of my townhouse complex. Sometimes he sleeps out there all night if the breeze is right. Anyways, throughout the course of a day I'd say he goes in and out approx 20-25 times day. No lie. Everytime he goes to the door, and looks back at me to signal "let me out", I stop what Im doing and open the door. Well shoot he just stands there, looks at me, looks out the door but wont go out. Sometimes Im sitting there waiting 2 full minutes so i can shut the door behind him. Then I give up, close the door. 2 minutes later, he's back at the door....this time scratching. I go back, and poof....out he goes. Im soooooo annoyed, but yet it makes me laugh that he thinks he's really THE MAN. lol
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: I Swear He's Playing Mind Games With Me LoL

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! Well he certainly has you on the hop and he probably knows exactly what he is doing.
Milly and Mabel play this game with us. In the summer when it is warm and they are out in the garden, we leave the back door open and we never see them as they are content to just sunbathe and snooze away. When the weather turns more chilly, we close the door over so they push it open strut through the kitchen into the sitting room in their "snotty totty" way - check where we are and then turn on their beautiful little paws and strut out again. So one of us has to get up and close the door over again - so the same thing happens. If we close the door tight they scratch it.
We cannot win. :roll:
They do not concern themselves with the cost of heating and the fact that we are unwilling to heat the garden!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters does this as well. But usually he is attempting to sweet talk you into going out with him in the cold. So he's like well if you don't go I'll wait maybe you'll change your mind.!! :roll:
SweetPea Rocks!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I have the same thing with Pekoe going in and out 20 times a day and all night thats why i installed a dog door she goes in and out so much the flap on the dog door is like a fan in the house constantly falpping fanning the house.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

LOL!!!! I'm glad he's got you trained LOL!!!!!

If Gab does that I pinch her bum (not really pinch just a love fur smoosh) and she runs off either inside or outside. I want one of those doggie doors.. except I may freeze to death when it's 40 below.. or worse.. Gab will freeze to death because snow is too much fun.. :shock:
ImageImage
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry has trained us in such a way that he gets a treat on the way out. It all started when he was being picky with food and before I started free feeding. In the morning he would get a dog biscuit for breakfast, he would take it outside to eat. He then started to refuse the dog biscuits and I started to free feed. However Henry decided that he was being a good boy and would like a treat everytime he wanted to go out. So now he gets a bit of dried liver or something on the way out. Sometimes he will just take the treat and back up ready for a second treat, sometimes he will just go out and sometimes we have to offer him a choice of treats before he goes out, sometimes he goes out and comes back in straight away because all he really wanted was a yummy. :roll:

It's just so funny when he looks at us, the door is open for him to exit andhe just waits for the yummy, when he is being particularly greedy we just stand behind him so he goes out without the yummy.
Thank you Sweatpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL!!! Kearra started doing the door thing about 6 mos ago....She goes to the door stands there...I open it and she stands there.....I have even given her a loving shove and she bounces off like I don't want to go out whats the matter with you???? :roll: :lol: :lol: Almost like she is having a good laugh and bounces around the corner. We do this dozens of times a day. Sometimes she goes out sometimes she doesn't. :roll: I think she is hysterical and she makes me laugh every time :lol:
Her latest door thing is she FAKES Kyra out.....she goes to the door and acts like she wants out so Kyra does too....I open the door and she takes two steps out and then Kyra bolts out and she comes back inside like GOOD got rid of her :lol: :lol: Kyra turns around and looks like HEY where did Kearra go :-? I know she KNOWS EXACTLY what she is doing :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

That is just too funny :lol: :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

We have French doors from our breakfast room to our lanai and Ming and Tempest will stand there and look forlornly out the door as if they're going to explode if they can't go out. So, one of us will make the supreme sacrifice and get up to let them out. We'll open the door, Tempest will usually run right out but Ming will stand there and look at us like "What? I didn't want to go out. Did I say I wanted to go out???" Then, when Tempest comes running back inside, they'll BOTH run to the laundry room door because that's where we keep their treats...

A friend of mine swears that her two kids (non-chows, but what can you do?) have a system worked out that the male will dig out from the backyard and go trotting down the street. When Mom goes to look for him, his furry sister will make this special noise and he hightails it from wherever he's gone and runs home and back into the backyard with this look on his face "Who? Me? I've been here all along." Then, his furry sister will look at Mom and just smile...

Don't ever try to convince me that they're not playing us all for fools!!!!!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Thank Goodness for our doggie door!!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!