too soon?????

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

too soon?????

Post by chowkidz »

Back in May we were going to help with Kali and foster her until TLC had room for her. Kali ended up going straight to TLC so we (ok me) started looking to try and help with fostering another chow. Our dilemma was we were going to be out of town a lot in September and October so we could only foster until the beginning of September. Every time i thought i found one, they ended up getting a forever home.. =D= =D= . I guess the reason for this post is i am torn. With just losing Jade exactly one week ago i feel sick to my stomach with the thought of never seeing her again but my heart took me back to the chows needing homes section when i was finally able to look at this site again. I would never try to replace Jade and honestly if it wasn't for the fact we had been talking about and looking at fostering for the last 5 months i probably wouldn't even be thinking about another chow. I am looking for advice please. Blackberry caught my attention right away. Am i moving to fast? Is this like a rebound/impulse thing with hurting so bad? Should we just sit on the beach w/ a little umbrella in our drinks and just marinate on vacation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: too soon?????

Post by ChowLady »

I am so sorry for your loss. I do think that you and only you can know the answer to that question, but to be honest I do not think its to soon. The new chow will never ever replace the ones that you loose and they will forever have a place in your heart, but opening up your home and heart to another chow and giving them a home is also a good. The new chow will also have a place in your heart and fill in some of the time you have spare and will give you love in return. I lost Catbalou on 30th Dec 07 and then there was 2 chows that needed homes, so we took them and then in July 08 we lost Teisha. Last weekend we picked up our new addition to our family a 8 week old black chow puppy. Having said that I love them all very much and they will never replace the ones we have lost but they have their own special place in my heart also.
Hope that you find a new addition to your family and wish you well.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

There is a beautiful girl in Pittsburgh that needs a home! She sounds really nice.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Michelle,

no one can replace Jade in your heart, she will always be there. It does sound like your heart has room to love another. There is nothing wrong with that. Do what your heart tells you. I am sure Jade would be happy that you have a new companion, knowing that you still love her

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yes Michelle, I agree with David....do what your heart tells you, there are so many out there that need to be loved.
I'm sure Jade wouldn't mind knowing how much you still love her and another wouldn't replace her, just add to your life. No two personalities are the same. [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Michelle, if you feel up to it then I think it would be great for you,Mike and Nanook because it keeps you busy and you're helping a poor Chow without a home.
I think many of us feel so guilty getting another Chow after one passes.I know I have always felt sad getting another but once they are with you you just fall in love .
only you will know when the time is right.Jade will always be in your heart.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".