Birthday Chows

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bchow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Birthday Chows

Post by bchow »

Next Tuesday, 23rd is the birthday of our 2 Chow Boys....2 Years old!

The thing is, just what do we get our couple of good Boys?

Any ideas appreciated but please don't mention Nipper or Shadow because they might be reading this and then the suprise will be spoiled!... :wink:

B. Chows.
Grrr Woof woof!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Birthday Chows

Post by Laura »

Well it depends on what they like. Chloe's bday was yesterday so she got a trip to Petsmart to pick out some new toys and treats. She got to go to the big fun park with all of the walking trails and wooded areas and then she got a yummy dinner. The rest of the night was taking pictures of them playing with the new toys and playing with them. We're not too fancy around here.
Some folks throw parties and invite their friends with dogs over. Some people go to those pet specialty shops and get a doggie cake. Somebody else gave theirs a steak for dinner.
Maybe they need new collars, harnesses, leashes? Maybe they have a favorite place you can take them that day? Favorite food?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

You can order a Doggie Cake online. I did that one year. He loved it, but since it was just him most of it went to waste. :roll: This year he got some frosty paws! He use to get toys but he thinks he is too old for toys now =;
SweetPea Rocks!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Frosty Paws, A Chow can't have a birthday with out a Frosty Paw. Avaialble at Ralphs and I guess Wal-mart in the Ice cream section.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

We usually give ours a special treat; and maybe a new toy.
courtsey of Sweetpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

we always have a small party with 1-2 of their friends over.we get a little cake and sing Happy Birthday and take lots of pictures :D
they have tons of toys but I can't resist getting more :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Frosty Paws and treats for Holden each year: Frosty Paws and toys for Hannah
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoe dosn't like toys so i usally just give her a cat for her birthday.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

bchow wrote:Any ideas appreciated ...
It's funny you ask, because Coco's 1st birthday is next week too, and I was wondering what to do as well...
No online Doggie Cake available here, and I've never seen a Frosty Paw... :? mmmh. I guess I'll just stuff Coco with her favorite treats? /:)
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Bear thinks cats ARE toys. :twisted:

We don't do anything big at our house...Frosty Paws are not a special occasion for my pack. From the sound of others' celebrations, my pack has birthday celebrations everyday...spoiled brats. :wink:
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Having never heard of Frosty Paws before, I googled! =D= My poor deprived Henry has NEVER even seen a Frosty Paw so I will be rectifying this terrible thing by following this recipe http://www.bigdogboutique.com/ProductCa ... _paws.html on here at the soonest possible time. Now where to find a paw shaped cutter???????
Thank you Sweatpea
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Sheena just had her gotcha day...I gave her an entire can of sardines packed in water/without the water. She couldn't believe I gave her the entire can with only a teenie bit for Troy's enjoyment! They had just eaten 1 hour previously. The look on her face was precious-Wha? what's this for? Plus taking her for a walk in her favorite park squirrel chasing always makes her happy. Just do or give what they go crazy for or that you don't do often enough. Enjoy next Tuesday!
Jennifer & Sheena
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

This is not just for birthdays, but more than once our dogs have been given a little cup of vanilla ice cream when we've gone through the Dairy Queen drive through (could it be that we go there too much ourselves?). I'm pretty sure most Dairy Queens are individually owned/franchised, so we're lucky to have one more way to spoil ours. In fact they have a cup sitting in our freezer from the last time we went and they got one each (bit too much for either dog, but especially for Charlie).
courtsey of Sweetpea
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

I made my own version of Frosty Paws by mixing yoghurt, oatmeal and bluebberrys and the kids love it.

No artificial anything, yoghurt has minimal lactose, all natural, cheap and easy!
Mia