The TP Chronicles

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

The TP Chronicles

Post by Laura »

Shuggy has discovered toilet paper and did you know it is the funnest thing ever \:D/ !!! I came home from work one day a couple weeks ago to find TP literally from the LR to the kitchen to the DR all over the floor :evil: . Dry tp, wet stuck to the floor tp...no roll though...they had it for lunch apparently :twisted: . Two more times since then I have caught him with a TP roll but before too much of a mess was made. So now at our house we keep all bathroom doors shut. :roll: Shoes still aren't safe, neither are ink pens :shock: , plants..forgetaboutit, and now the TP. #-o Bad doggies..oh yes Chloe joins in the fun once he presents it! Anyone else enjoy TP? :roll:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The TP Chronicles

Post by jacqui »

Laura,thats funny.most of my Chows as puppies did the TP thing but out grew it.I think we're lucky if thats the worst damage that they do :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
chris

Post by chris »

No TP enjoyment here... Steel could care less. He is more of a "hoomano -e- chowo" playtime type of guy. LOL. doesn't like toys, boxes, bones, tp rolls... nope.. just likes to wrestle with his big brother and pick on his little sister or play with DH and I. thats it. OH, or likes to play with the kids. ;-)

OH WAIT though.. he does like an occational childs leg to chew on and take with him... :wink: :lol: :lol:
Katies Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Katies Mom »

This one I'm going to reply to with a photo. Merlin loves TP and he is just lucky this wasn't our last roll at the time. Since it was so funny at the time, I couldn't resist taking a photo. :lol:
Attachments
Great Scott!!!!
Great Scott!!!!
Great-Scott-5_27_08.jpg (3.22 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

So basically the Chows ROLLED your house :lol: It is football season you know :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chris

Post by chris »

:roll: Vicky..... lol...
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Wilbur looooooooooooooves the roll of the TP. When you got to the loo he follows you a lot of the time and if hans't followeed you and he hears you changing the toilet roll and comes rushing in and waits for you to give him the roll to play with!! He thinks it's the most precious prize ever. He's done this since he was a baby, it's very amusing unless he chews it up inside!! Thank goodness they don't pull the rolls like Shug though :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

It must be the teenage vandal in him !! I remember when I TP's my aunts house :D
SweetPea Rocks!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze don't let Tod see this post!!! :shock:
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Loha, also, loves to shred toilet paper in order to get at the cardboard roll which he then likes to make spitwads out of. When I put the remnants in the garbage he will pull them out and re-shred them when I am not watching. At least I am assuming what is going on since I have never actually seen him pay the slightest attention to toilet paper. Chows are clearly very sneaky and part comedians of the highest order.

Loha's Dad
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

None of ours have done TP, but when we first got Sullivan, she used to take tissue out of a tissue box, one by one, and run around the house.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

You know what else is equally fun.... Paper towel... bigger cardboard roll but equally as much mess with the actualy tissue..

Gabbana :D
ImageImage
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Oh Oh Butters will second the paper towel roll. He will even give a quality growl when you try and clean up that mess :twisted:
SweetPea Rocks!!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry LOOOOVES TP too! He used to trail it all around the house, so we stopped putting it on the holder.

We have started putting it back on the holder and Henry will check to see if your watching and then if you are, he'll make a grab at it with a really cheeky look in his eye :lol:

He will also chomp on any dropped tissues (kleenex), so I have to root around in his mouth getting soggy (quite often snot filled) tissues out of his mouth (daughter misses the bin sooo often).
Thank you Sweatpea
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Charlie is our used Kleenex chomper -- so gross. It seems to go in waves. Maybe it's tastier when we have colds -- double gross.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

In a closely related development:

Wisconsin toilet-paper researchers develop 3-ply tissue they tout as 'ultra-soft'
09-16-2008 4:36 PM

NEENAH, Wis. (Associated Press) -- If two-ply toilet paper is good, then three-ply tissue must be better. At least that's what toilet-paper researchers in northeastern Wisconsin hope.

Yes, there is such a thing as a toilet-paper researcher. And a team of them at Georgia Pacific's Innovation Institute in Neenah has come up with a three-ply version of its Quilted Northern product.

The new product will be launched Monday. The company touts the toilet tissue as "ultra-soft" and says it plans to market the product to women 45 and older who view their bathroom as a "sanctuary for quality time."

Industry analyst Bill Schmitz is skeptical. He said extra layers make toilet paper stronger, not softer, although he said Georgia Pacific may have added extra fibers for softness.
chris

Post by chris »

Ok, I don't know about the chows.... but Im only 36 and Im looking forward to the new 3-ply tp... wooo hooo.......
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh Shuggy will love the new 3-ply :roll: . He did it to me again today. I forgot to close the guest bath door this morning and came home TP heck, this time it was even all over the couch! Anyone want a Chow? :lol: :lol:
Told hubby TP goes on counter now, not on the little slide on roll doohicky!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
bevgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bevgo »

TP, paper towels, kleenex paper, envelopes..... If it is paper, CC loves it. She will tear paper up all over the apartment anytime she gets the chance. I cannot understand the temptation of this but at least I know she is not strange.
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Take pictures as proof for "my dog ate my homework" 8)
ImageImage