C.A.R.A. NEEDS HELP

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

momtobear
Rank 0
Rank 0

C.A.R.A. NEEDS HELP

Post by momtobear »

As you guys know I am from Ridgeland Ms. We have a few animal shelters in the area but only one no- kill. Besided C.A.R.A. the closest no-kill shelter is in Starkville Ms, which is about a three hour drive from were I live. My husband told my today that C.A.R.A. will be closing its doors at the end of the month because it doesn't have enough money to support the animals it currently has. I am asking for help to find loving homes for the animals that it has now. I don't want them to go to the other shelters because of there kill policies. Here is there web site. please help.

carams.org
Baby Bear we miss you!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: C.A.R.A. NEEDS HELP

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

http://carams.org/dogresults.php

They do have a Chow boy. Looks like a mix to me.
ImageImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

So sad, I hope they all find new homes. :cry:

Thanks Sweetpea!
momtobear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by momtobear »

I have tried to call them this morning several times but can not get anybody to answer. I called a friend of mine that I know foster for them to see what she knows. They are indeed in the begining stages of closing there doors. They would need to raise approx. 1,000.00 a day in order to keep there doors open. They are trying a few last desperat attemps to raise that money. I don't know yet if they do addoptions out of state but I will keep calling untill i can get the answer. Will keep you guys posted.
Baby Bear we miss you!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I guess I should have gone to their site, but what do they charge for adoptions? I know when our local shelter has had "sales," more people get animals, thus money is raised. Of course, I hope they are really going to homes as pets, but they still charge like $50 for adult dogs (I'm thinking over 3) and $100 for younger (usually it's like $100 and $150).
courtsey of Sweetpea
Chloe's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chloe's Mom »

Chloe has a Dogster account. I've posted the info (with links provided) in the Shelters forum as well as in Chloe's dogster diary.
Hopefully many, if not all, of the dogs will be adopted before the shelter closes it's doors. [-o| [-o| [-o| [-o|

I should know better than to scope out pictures of dogs needing homes...saw soooo many I just wanted to rent a truck, drive down there, scoop 'em up and take 'em home.
Chloe says "Yes it is all about me."