Help me choose!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Which photo should I submit for the contest??

A
54%
B
19%
C
27%

Total votes: 26

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Help me choose!

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

The humane society that I adopted Hannah from is doing a fundraiser (2009 calendar) and is doing a photo contest to choose the 12 best dogs and cats for the calendar. Which photo do you think I should submit??

A

B

C

P.S. If I do submit a picture, I will post the link for everyone to vote for our cover girl!
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Help me choose!

Post by Jeff&Peks »

People will always go for the toy so I picked C, I like A best but no toy. With the look and pose in A if she had a toy in her mouth a forsure winner.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I like a or b but voted for B because it seemed more like a calendar shot to me.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I also like A the best. DH always goes for the toy shots so I threw one in for him since we can't agree on a picture. And with B, I just think she looks like a goof with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth. She is quite the character to say the least.

I have a ton of pictures with her and toys but most of them I don't think were contest worthy. And most of them are of her fighting with Holden over a toy :lol: . I didn't want to put a picture of her and Holden since this is supposed to showcase animals that they have adopted out.
ImageImageImage
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

it was hard to choose because Hannah is just so darn cute in all the pictures but I picked C
keep us posted so we can vote :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

I was SOOOO torn between A and C!!! I totally agree with Jeff's assessment - people will always go for the picture with the toy! I kept being drawn back to A, even though I loved the one with the toy, so I finally went with A. What a cutie! Good luck!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I chose c as well. She just looks sweet with her toy!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I like A, it captures the essence of her playful, carefree attitude.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I picked A because she looks so playful and full of it!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I think you should stay away from A. You can see what looks like a tie out line for her. I vote for C.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Well, I'm gonna be in the minority and vote for B. I think it really shows her personality and I like the way her tongue and the leaves on the ground sort of color cooridinate, lol. She is a cutie.
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

I'm going to be completely different, I like the photo of Hannah in your signature!!!! :D

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

If the signature photo were in the running I would vote D also.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I was thinking the same thing... I love how that bone fits her mouth and the signature Chow paw tuck.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I have to agree with the signature photo :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Hrmm... sig photo huh? I really like that one, too.

Well, for those of you who voted for one of the first three pictures, do you like the bone picture better? Majority will rule and I'll submit the pic tomorrow. Remember, Miss Hannah will need all of your votes to make the calendar! 8) (Voting won't start until the 15th and I'll post info about it when they give it to me)
ImageImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Bone pic (originally selected C) for me and I'll vote as often as I can. :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The sig pic is cute too...lol. If you decide to go with A, and you want the tieout not to show, send it to me, and I'll clone paint it out for you.
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

I totally missed the tie out line in A - I always said I'd make a lousy witness, and guess that goes to prove it! The signature picture is a winner, I think! She's adorable in it!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

The first picture she is on a tie out. I was doing yard work in the front yard so I had the two kids taking turns on going out front with me. Since neither of them can be trusted to stay in the yard, they have to go on tie outs in the front. Little snots...
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I took out the rope and sidewalk if that helps.

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Thanks Jeff :)

I will poll my co-workers again tomorrow since we had a write-in today :wink: . They had all chosen A so we'll see if they stick with A or go with the bone picture. Will let you all know which one I decide on tomorrow! My little Hannah all grown up. Hard to believe we've had her for almost 9 months now...
ImageImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Well friends, after many polls of everyone I know.... I have decided to submit picture A for the contest.

I do have one favor, though, Jeff. Is there any way that you can resize the picture that you altered for me? Right now it is 160x240 or something like that and I'm afraid that might be too small. When I download the pics to my computer they come in as 3072x2304 and I usually change them to 320xsomething for the forum here. I can email you the original picture from my camera if that will help and you can alter that one and email it back? Just let me know.

Thanks for everyone's input and I will let you know when the voting starts :D
ImageImageImage