My latest poster Chow, Elvis has left the building...

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

My latest poster Chow, Elvis has left the building...

Post by Laura »

His petfinder page has 'sponsor him' on it. I'm sure if you make a notation in the paypal box that it is for Elvis the money will go for him. Jeff touching base with the people will further that effort. He can tell them specifically that people from here are donating specifically for Elvis. Hopefully they will let Jeff or everyone know that they received the money and what his vet requirements were, etc. I know that some rescues here need people JUST to man the web, email, update petfinder, etc because they don't have the manpower to take care of the animals, adoptions, vetting, etc AND handle the computer part every day. So it may take a few days to hear from them.
I have donated to Larry and put in the paypal 'for' box that is was for Kali and he received the info. even though my receipt didn't include it.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: My latest poster Chow, Elvis has left the building.

Post by Jeff&Peks »

sengeoz wrote:Jeff honey,

You are right, simply because the receipt says its for a payment to the rescue service, it doesn't indicate for what. Shoulda done a screen dump of the bit on the payment page where I wrote the donation was for Elvis.

It's a good plan to pay the vet directly; however, believe you suggested the PayPal plan, gave the link to the rescue and suggested donations be made. From my side of the planet, I wouldn't have a clue who the vet is, so I used your suggested plan of donation. I simply neglected to prove to you that it was for Elvis, though I did provide the information about where the donation direction information can be input...

Cheers,
Judith-Ann

Well Dear,

You will never see me telling anyone to use pay-pal or even refered to in any of my post, I posted the contact and said contact her..Also Hon, I posted the website after the nut case made the donation. People on this site have made alot of donations to Chows and i'm sure they want to know where thier donations are going. If donating to rescues was a familier way of life to you breeders and show folk (hobbyest) I shouldn't have to tell you when and how to make a donation just who the chow is and where its at... No big deal a donation is a donation, Don't worry I will make sure I tell who ever contacts me where these donations are supposed to go i will even post the Vet like I always have. Hows that Dear?

Dear, Hon, I feel like i'm talking to a shelter director. Sounds like when I got Onyx and Berkely" Now look Dear we have a job to do so no more arguing we have to put them dowm for the safety of the commuity, now you run along Hon and find another doggy....
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sengeoz »

Jeff sweetie (any better? :wink: )

You wrote:
Here's their website and they do have pay-pal
It must be the dumb blonde - all that peroxide you know - in me that took from your posting about Elvis' need and a request for donations & then reading through the assorted posts asking about where and how to post, with you posting the above response, that this was a pretty good indicator of the where and how... silly me.

Cheers m'dear,
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

sengeoz wrote:Jeff sweetie (any better? :wink: )

You wrote:
Here's their website and they do have pay-pal
It must be the dumb blonde - all that peroxide you know - in me that took from your posting about Elvis' need and a request for donations & then reading through the assorted posts asking about where and how to post, with you posting the above response, that this was a pretty good indicator of the where and how... silly me.

Cheers m'dear,

Shot sorry, I forgot about the blonde thing, its been awhile since I've dated a blonde and had to print out instruction booklets. I just took it for granted that, "and they do have pay pal, blonde or not you would have taken it a step further to make sure it went to Elvis especially when it says donate to the rescue and nothing about any specific dog... Most of the Chows that needed donations had pay-pal accounts set up for that specific Chow.... Thanks, from now on I will separate donations and be more specific with the blonde donators, Like I said it comes from experience, once you get the hang of helping rescues you will get it. My fault, its not like I shouldn't have known better.

No offense Chris.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just got this e-mail concerning Elvis. I invited her to come to the site so we can get more info on him. I told her some donations have already been made though pay-Pal to the rescue for Elvis.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Thank you so much Jeff! Elvis is in boarding right now and not doing great. He came to us in really bad shape and we're working on him, but it'll be a couple weeks at least before he can be neutered. And he needs some rehab work. We greatly appreciate the support!
If you have a chance to post his picture and that he needs a foster, that would be great too. Thanks again!

ImageImage
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mikkabear »

Ok, so I have to ask again, sorry to be dumb about this, but
where is the best place to send the donation so I can be certain it goes to his care.
Should I just call the rescue?
Natasha
and
Cue
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Jeff,
should I wait to donate until they set up an account for Elvis ?
I saw their website and they have alot of dogs and cats there.I just want to make sure that Elvis gets the donation.
as you mentioned,they usually post the vets phone niumber and thats how I've made most of my donations.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

mikkabear wrote:Ok, so I have to ask again, sorry to be dumb about this, but
where is the best place to send the donation so I can be certain it goes to his care.
Should I just call the rescue?
I already called them, you get a message that they check their messages twice a week and someone will get back to you in 5 days. I e-mailed them and told them we were having a hard time donating becouse we don't know where to donate. they should be getting back to me or they may come on the site. I just e-mailed her 2 miniutes ago.

ImageImage
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

OK,thanks Jeff :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Don't know what's with these people but phone messages and e-mails with no response I guess they aren't that needy of donations for Elvis. Smokey in Arkansas that rescue was on the phone with me everyday untill Smokey was up and running.

ImageImage
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Hmmm..there could be any number of reasons why they haven't answered. Maybe, as was said earlier they don't have the manpower to do the computer and phones every day and only handle that a couple times a week. To suggest that they don't need what they are asking for ...seems to me they are doing what they can.
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

I received this email from Leah E Stern concerning my email I sent her and have since donated. Thought that I would share it as it may help.
Hi Kathy -

Elvis is desparately in need of sponsors. He just came to our boarding facility and has an upper respiratory infection and is in terrible condition. We need to get him vetted, pay for his boarding, get him on high quality food and have a trainer work with him to build his confidence.

Thank you so much for your interest in donating to help him! If you'd like to make a donation online, you can use a credit card and mark in the "notes" section that the donation is for Elvis. You can make the donation by clicking on this link and following the directions for the "one time sponsor payment" or the "one time general donation." Just be sure to put Elvis' name in the notes section on Paypal.

Thank you so much and let me know if I can answer any other questions!
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .