On another happy note

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

On another happy note

Post by Jeff&Peks »

On another happy note I don't know what's going on with Pekoe but since her eye operation its like it took 10 years off her, she been zooming,playing, running, tail wagging and play barking all over the place. Much friendlier(for Pekoe) and wanting to get involved when people are here. She never acted like the wart on her eye was bothering her but slowing way down, no energy, didn't want to go out much for walks, real slow on walks, no interest in killing cats, I just chocked it up to age (12) and hot weather but now she's been rejuvenated chasing any moving creature she see's. Her eye must have been bothering her. Not really sure if it was her eye or the joint pills are kicking in but I think it was her eye.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: On another happy note

Post by KathrynH »

Awww that awesome! Were you nervous taking her in? Annie is going to get both eyes fixed (entropian) next week and I'm so nervous!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

KathrynH wrote:Awww that awesome! Were you nervous taking her in? Annie is going to get both eyes fixed (entropian) next week and I'm so nervous!
My stomach was in naughts all day, because of her age they warned me there might be complications. I took her in at 8am by 12 I'm thinking, what the hell, why haven't they called me then by 2 pm and still no call I'm really freaking and thinking ok she died so I was preparing my self for the news but didn't want to call them. then at 3 the vet called and said Pekoe did fine you can pick her up, Phewww it was like 100 tons had been lifted off me.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I can imagine the turmoil LOL When I had her in to be spayed (and Buddha neutered), I called several times that day to see how they were LOL The vet thinks I'm crazy :oops:
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Jeff that is great news

David
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

How wonderful =D=
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Pekoe likes to keep you on your toes. Good to hear she's bounced back and feels better.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm happy to hear Pekoe is so much peppier! May it continue for a long time! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

Hey Jeff...she's doing zoomies now because she can SEE!!!!! Terrific!
When I had Berks'e eyes done, he just plain FELT a lot better. Entropian can be very painful and our Chows (dogs) can withstand a lot. But, when we solve the pain, they're like new souls. This is just great news!
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I'm happy to hear Pekoe is feeling better!that girl is full of surprises :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

i love happy notes. :)
im glad to here that peks is feeling better jeff.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The bad part about Pekoe feeling better is now i have to watch her constantly to see whats she's up to and make sure she's not digging in the trash or eating soming Conner left on the floor, which is always. Pekoe follows conner around all day becouse she knows he is a walking food dispenser.

ImageImage
Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Charlotte Paige »

When Angel went in for her first surgery I was a MESS!!! My Niece works as a vet tech where it was done, I kept texting her all day to see how she was doing, she was also spayed at the same time, so she had to spend the night :( Talk about a terrible night!!!
Then about 2 weeks later, she needs to have the surgery done again. They did it with laser the first time and it did not work (my poor baby). So again texting niece all day for updates. It did make me feel better knowing her Jessie (she LOVES her) was looking over her.
THEN less than a week after her surgery I had SEVERE back problems and couldn't keep as good of an eye on her as I should of and she popped the stitches out of one eye and had to go back.
I had the advantage of family being with her and she was young and I was still a wreck.. I can't even imagine being able to function while my dog was having surgery and was older. I would need to be put under myself.
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
chris

Post by chris »

I think its a combo of both Jeff... Her eye isn't bothering her anymore and her joints are feeling better. I know joint pain can slow them down, but they wouldn't let you know that they are in pain... thats just the chows way.
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

That's just such wonderful news, Jeff! Thanks for sharing, it made my day.

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
scrpbk1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrpbk1 »

I know you've posted this information before but I can't locate it. What joint pills are you giving her? My Kona could use a case of those!

Shelly