Any Transport in Central CA?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Any Transport in Central CA?

Post by KasperKisses »

Berry has been in an LA Shelter since April. He has entropian and needs to get out quickly to have it taken care of. We have transport from LA to Central CA and Sacramento to Auburn. If anyone can help out with transport from Central CA to Sacramento pls let me know!! Thanks
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
Zhuyos mom

Re: Any Transport in Central CA?

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Where exactly in Central CA are you planning the hand off? And, what day are you planning for the transport to happen? There is a really nice man (Rob) who does trips from LA to Auburn and further. No stops for hand-offs, will take the rescue chow to its final destination. If you PM me, I can provide you with his number.
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Thanks so much. Rob is the one making the LA to Central. He can't do a full trip for another 3 or 4 weeks but with the time this dog has been in he's willing to do just him. He would like to arrange it for a Saturday and meet somewhere over the grapevine. If anyone is around that area they can get ahold of me and I'll have Rob contact them to make time, place etc arrangements. I know it's a lot to ask with the way gas and all is but have to give it a try. Who knows how long this little guys eyes have been like this and he's got to get them fixed before permanent damage. Tks again
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi, If you haven't already, view transports in process, or post new xport need here:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CaRe ... d=45879380

Take care,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Thanks very much for the info. I wasn't aware of this group. Have joined and will keep trying....got a week:) That's lots more time than most.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Do you have a picture of Berry?
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

He's on petharbor and I tried to copy the photo but it wouldn't work. If you do a search with LA as the city he will come up. He's in West. I feel so bad because I've seen him but he's so adorable I thought for sure he would get a home. I guess the shelter felt the same because he's very sweet too, so they xferd him to west where there's more money.. oh how that rules the world!!! Anyways, after being there for so long I finally called and that's how I found out about the entropian. And the rest is historyyyyyy
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

PS..deep down I'm hoping that there's someone that will care enough about him to adopt him and take care of his eyes...he's only been at west 2 days and the shelter says they have a lot of people interested in him but the entropian and expense of it are keeping them from adopting him. Which is good, he's such a sweetie wouldn't want him going with someone who's not going to take care of him..
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Is this Berry? From North Central Shelter to West LA Shelter?
Attachments
berry_from_north_central.jpg
berry_from_north_central.jpg (37.32 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

That's him!! weird..most times I can right click on the picture and copy it to my desktop..how'd u do that???? And yes he was in north first. Spent an hour trying to get through, did only to have them tell me call back that afternoon...two hours more and by the time I finally got through again he was at west!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

It was easy. He was in the July 18th LA Times and I saved the picture from that site. He had a different name at the North Shelter so I wasn't sure if he was the same fellow before I asked you for his photo.
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Ya okay..you were already on the amazing list I can't put you any higher!!!LOL
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Hey mom..could u email me at chowchowkathi@yahoo.com...I need some help:P)
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Thanks to those of you that have provided help. The abuse and lies are not worth it. There are plenty of dogs to save without it. Jeff is the first to spout out about how ppl get in the way of saving chows...he's one of the best at it.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

KasperKisses wrote:Thanks to those of you that have provided help. The abuse and lies are not worth it. There are plenty of dogs to save without it. Jeff is the first to spout out about how ppl get in the way of saving chows...he's one of the best at it.
What does that mean? Did the transport get worked out or are you not going to do the transport now and leave him at the shelter?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

As I said...Jeff likes to do nothing but create drama and post lies. Some people like to believe those lies. According to people I have spoke with (some of them having major roles in rescue and transporting)those lies are considered to be truth. I have posted on this site a couple of times, I have sat back and watched...I will not sit back and allow someone to badmouth someone who has dedicated her life to rescue just because of someone's lies. Especially when they are so evident (as I pointed out with the post for sadie and Q)...Everyone can stand back and be "polically correct" and critizice me all they want. In my entire time in rescue I have wanted to pull 2 dogs from a shelter..one was Reno..the other this boy (that has been overlooked for a long time). Other than that I've cared for and found homes for the dogs that everyone else thought needed to be rescued. At times, there were too many for one person to possibly care for...but I did it. I spent an entire weekend some months ago trying to arrange a placement for a dog that was, according to Jeff, "in dire need". I've asked him to post the pm's about that but he wont'. That's because he told me to make arrangements, I cancelled my entire weekend to do that, then he blew me off. So be it.
I, as well as Prudence, rescue dogs. Karl has told me point blank that he will work with anyone with a 501c3..go for it. Prudence doesn't have one and has no desire to. If I have to go and pay for a dog as an adoptee I will. The government's involvement in rescue, so far as I can see, has made it about everything else in life..money.
You are ready to criticize me for not rescuing this dog? Go for it..yet again, I have spent hours trying to get this dog and am met with nothing but critisism and lies. If I could pick the dog up myself, I would be there on Monday. I can't, that's the way life is, I am getting nothing but bs when I ask for help, so be it. Do NOT criticize me for this dog not being rescued.
Jeff has informed me and the entire group that he can do it...look to him for the answers..
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

KasperKisses wrote:As I said...Jeff likes to do nothing but create drama and post lies. Some people like to believe ..
Any of this sound familier to You from May 22, Now how would I know you had 5 dogs. I think it was regarding Merlin but could have been Onyx.

KasperKisses wrote:

"HI again all!! I just posted a reply regarding this chow however it seems that all kinds of arrangements are being made!! So disregard the last notice I posted and I'm sure someone will let everyone know what happens with her!!!"

My response:

I don't have this Chow she is still at the shelter the number and address are posted, she is yours anytime you want to pick her up just call them She is listed first come, first served, there is no need for your 20 arguing PM's, you want her then go get her. I'm not a rescue or a foster there is no one offering me donations, I am no diferant then anyone else in this thread trying to find her a home, the only thing I have to do with any of this is I've kept her alive for two weeks and I offered to pay her expenses if that isn't good enough for you then go adopt her yourself.

I really don't think an offer of: "I have 5 dogs already so animal control may take her if they find out and I will only take her if she fits my requirements", that doesn't sound to promising, what happens if she doesn't fit your requirements or she gets taken away by animal control? How the hell can someone make you an offer of pulling her, vet check, airfare plus pay all your expenses then you turn around and give me your demands then bitch abiout it. Un fricken believable. If your an example of Northen Cal rescue i don't want any part of them nor would I have anything to do with sending a Chow to you or them.

Some of you are under the impression that if this Chow dies its my fault, I have my own Chow to worry about...If anyone wants this Chow don't let me stand in your way she is at the shelter Call the shelter and put a hold on her, you want her then go get her, if shes not adopted like any other chow in a shelter she dies, i have nothing to do with it, All i did was offer to help with her rescue.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Oh that's so wonderful Jeff..now post the ones where you told me to go ahead and make arrangements!!! Yep..ur snotty sarcastic words are quite familiar..
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

But what I really wanna know is when are u picking up Berry and when is his surgery scheduled for?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

HAVE THE ADOPTER CONTACT ME

What's up no home? why all the transport needs and cry for help? There are 50 Chows scattered all over in LA County and City Shelters i have no idea who berry is or where he is. Give me all the info on him and who the people are I will take care of it. I've been saying the same thing all night but i guess Berry's where abouts and who is taking him is a secret so you can rant and rave all night.

So what do we have here another Chow along with the other 50 that have no home to go to so you make up all this just trying to get someone to pull him for you? Fine i will pull him for you, where is he going? No home, no pull.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Ohhhhh no Jeff...u said with all this bs u could have it done..that's the reason we WERE pullling him..he needs surgery..no one will pay for it. So you either pull him, have the surgery done and find him a home...or you get him to me and I'll take care of it. I'm still waiting for you to produce this "garage" that I supposedly have...oh wait..that was just another of ur BS statements to show how great you are huh??
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: My latest poster Chow, Elvis has left the building.

Post by KasperKisses »

HAHAHA..that's right huh Jeff? Just do a search for him on PetHarbor..he's listed at West LA...make sure you have his surgery done before you try to place him..
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

I'm a little skeptical after the mess u made with sadie and q but cmon jeff...redeem yourself here..get Berry out and get his surgery done and find him a great home..should be pretty easy..he's a doll
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Have no idea who sadie or Q is, i may have posted them like I have hundreds of Chows but as i said I'm not a rescue or foster Any chow I have ever pulled or spent a dime on I can assure you I know where they are and whats happening with them.

Thats it for me, You eather give me the info on Berry or if anyone has any info on this Chow and wants him let me know. I have everything for transport Flight crate and all, Enough said on this whole Berry thing.. La shelters go by impound number not names so need the impound number Dear.

ImageImage
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Jeff u are a crackup..you said you were done an hour ago..you're like an abused child that thinks he can manipulate...like I said..you shoulda quit while you were ahead.
Are you telling me that you cannot locate a dog on Pet Harbor?? Sorry but if you can't handle that, and you are still insisting on putting a dog in a cargo hold in 100degree heat.. I'm thinking you better take a step back and look at what you are saying..
Sadie and Q...again..you're a moderator..search is a REALLY easy thing...but of course you aren't going to want to go back and look at all the crap you said..well that's not such a surpirse..
And I know..god you spend so much time dissin ppl...how in the HELL could we expect you to keep track of it??

Let me know what time Berry gets to Sac eh?? And NOT on a plane..you have plenty of time to drive him up hon..so you'll miss a day of blasting ppl..I'm sure u can make it up..