Any Transport in Central CA?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Any Transport in Central CA?

Post by CoraP. »

I hope Berry is o.k. and it's not too late.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

He will be okay...Samantha (the rescue coodinator)said that they have had tons of people that want him but the cost of the surgery is getting in the way of the adoptions. One part of me says if they can't afford the surgery then they shouldn't have the dog. The other part of me says that if his surgery was done, he would be more adoptable. Have no idea what is the right decision, but am working finding a vet down there and getting money together to have the surgery done in the event that it's the last resort. Our vet only charges 400 and does excellent work...I'm sure in LA it's much more..will keep checking on it. In any event Samantha said that she would call me if his time was totally up and I'll BEG Jeff to go get him so that I can go and pick him up.
I'll be calling her daily to see what can be done. I'm just sorry that the vipers that had his transport cancelled didn't get him out.
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

KasperKisses wrote:... I'm just sorry that the vipers that had his transport cancelled didn't get him out.
Vipers? Are they the same group I mentioned to you? A simple yes or no will suffice. No names, nada, need not to get their bad energy on our site. Maybe you can find out if they have some sort of "hope" fund. Not the "new hope coordinators", but a foundation that raises money for the intent to offset medical costs on animals in their shelter. Miss Pooh Bear was a "hope" recipient as we have one of these foundations set in our shelter. If so, you can campaign to get Berry as one of the special cases. I also contacted Songshi Kennels (formerly Tibetan Kennels) aka chowdog.com to see if they can assist you in the event our wayward friend, Jeff, isn't the "man" who went to the shelter to visit Berry today - melodramatic, softee that he is.
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Yep!! Was my first thought..lol..
I'm sure it was one in the same from the emails I got when making arrangements to pull...sad.. I can see trying to sabotage a rescue..but if you're going to do that handle it!! Not the dogs fault..
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Ohhh thanks for mention of Tibeton..had no idea that they had a name change!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

KasperKisses wrote:Yep!! Was my first thought..lol..
I'm sure it was one in the same from the emails I got when making arrangements to pull...sad.. I can see trying to sabotage a rescue..but if you're going to do that handle it!! Not the dogs fault..
Series of e-mails? Oh ubetcha they are one in the same. So sorry you had to experience the toxicity of those vipers.

If Berry doesn't get adopted locally, hopefully Jeff will/can get Berry for you and house him till you get down to LA. However, one word of caution to consider, make sure Berry has been tested by a behaviorist. They don't do that type of assessment in the shelters down south much, if at all.
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Thanks...but I don't think that's the problem with him at all. He got to West on Thurs last week and I talked to the Kennel Director about an hour after Berry got there..he said he was a really sweet guy just as friendly and relaxed as could be. It was my first thought (behavior problem) as to why he wasn't placed..Considering he'd been at North Central for 4 months I thought that was why they transferred him to West. I found out about the entropian Sat when Samantha called me back..that's the only thing holding up his adoption. The pic you posted is a little closer up and you can see it...when I looked on PetHarbor he was just a cute little guy and couldn't figure out why he'd been there that long!!
Behavior I can deal with...entropian I can't do myself..lol..
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Left a message for Samantha today. Don't know if anyone came back to get him or not. Surprisingly enough..the ones that stopped the rescue for Berry emailed and asked if we would take another dog. I do have to admit that Jeff has a valid point with the whole rescue business...egos and such just don't fit in...Will call again tommorrow and let you know.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Berry, A0943508, West LA, Was adopted this morning. if any one wants to verify You can call. 888-452-7381.I was going to pay New Leash on life for his support untill he got picked up but someone got to him before I did. Don't know by who, what or when, their not allowed to give out that info But they took him either late last night or early this morning.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Thanks for the update Jeff!
Love the name "New Leash on Life". Are they are rescue?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

That's awesome Jeff...musta been the guy that was there yesterday (and I thought it was you!!). Samantha was pretty confident that he would come back for Berry and he must have!! Cmon Jeff you ole softie..you sure it wasn't you??
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Laura wrote:Thanks for the update Jeff!
Love the name "New Leash on Life". Are they are rescue?
The guy that runs New Leash on Life is a friend of a friend they are like a big Hollywood type rescue alot of big name backers and do alot of adoption events and fund risers but even with the people that support the rescue they are in bad shape financially right now. Just like Milo foundation where Pekoe came from they have alot of dogs and alot of expenses Mostly City and County hounding them i think, it has nothing to do with taking care of the dogs.

http://www.nlol.org/
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Yea! Berry found a home locally!!

Thanks for keeping tabs on him, Jeff.

Here are two photos for the road, Kathi.

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am SO glad to hear Berry has been adopted! He looks like a sweetie. Thanks to everyone who kept tabs on him! I hope he has a great life ahead!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand