Cruiser and all those pups need to come live with me! :D
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: As The Chow World Turns....

Post by Red Dragon »

Rowlee wrote:Sam
I love Buddy and Cruiser too! How much do you want for them? :lol: Would you consider sending a pup to Australia :lol: I have plenty of money :wink:
Sabina
You would need a bunch of money to ship one over there with the way the airfares are these days! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Laura wrote:Cruiser and all those pups need to come live with me! :D
If I sent all those pups to you, you would be calling me in about a day to come get them, they are some serious maniacs! 8)
Sam

Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Red Dragon wrote:
I love Buddy and Cruiser too! How much do you want for them? :lol: Would you consider sending a pup to Australia :lol: I have plenty of money :wink:
Sabina
You would need a bunch of money to ship one over there with the way the airfares are these days! :lol:
Yes I would, but I would do it if I really, really wanted a dog. When J-A sent Wilbur's brother Angus, to LA it cost $1800.00 AUS!!! But its even more expensive from USA to Oz because we have hell strict quarantine laws and they have to be quarantined for at least a month which adds about another $700.00 to the price tag!! Also we can't have a pup under the age of 6 months bought into the country. :(

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

jonathanfsu1 wrote:Sam,
Next Sunday is fine!!!...Please feel free to bring Rock with the puppies...This does not imply that we are interested to obtain Rock....Having four is our limit...Although, this will not eliminate the temptation though however...No unclear expectations!..Now, back to the lunch question....What would you like? Taking orders as we type...We can do a Lasagna? You are the one making the drive and we can cater to your appetite...Hope to see you then...

Jonathan( In search of a new signature)... :mrgreen: \:D/ =;
Jonathan, I will have my hands full just trying to deal with the pups, it's going to be hard to keep them all cool and not destroy my truck on the way, Rock on top of all of that would be out of the question. You don't have to feed me, but if you decide to make something, I will eat just about anything! :D
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Rowlee wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
Sabina
Yes I would, but I would do it if I really, really wanted a dog. When J-A sent Wilbur's brother Angus, to LA it cost $1800.00 AUS!!! But its even more expensive from USA to Oz because we have hell strict quarantine laws and they have to be quarantined for at least a month which adds about another $700.00 to the price tag!! Also we can't have a pup under the age of 6 months bought into the country. :(
If you were seriously wanting a dog from me or anyone else, you wouldn't want to buy a pup with the expense of everything, an adult that had been thoroughly checked out would be the best option, then there are no surprises that you might get when a pup matures. 8)
Sam

chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Red Dragon wrote:
chownuzzle wrote:I'm sick of logging and reading about this crap really.

If you are breeder: Please be a civilized one with compassion for any animal you breed. I don't oppose to breeding as long as you don't do it only to make a profit. But logging on here to only dispute with those who oppose you is really just plain silly. Please take to a blog where people do this more often. Try to maintain your civility I think this is also important for reputation as well.

If your against breeding: I truly believe that we are allowed to form our own opinions. Your opinion against it is not wrong at all however logging on here and attacking a breeder is incorrect. I believe there is decent breeders out there. And I don't believe that all breeders should be categorized under one category. Should you be suspicious - Most Certainly. But you categorizing a breeder automatically makes you completely closed minded and a little radical in your responses.

I believe this forum mostly is used to provide support and help or guidance. I think we should all stick to that. There is no need for this obnoxious posts. I am not taking sides but logging in here has quickly become irritating of how non-helpful and non-supportive some of you can be. Please let others enjoy visiting this site.

Thank You
Nobody is making you read anything. If there is something I don't want to see I skip over it, you can do the same.
That's ridiculous.

I am certainly not against your side or that of anybody. I am just putting my two cents in. I would enjoy this site much more if this conflict could be resolved. I believe their tons of bad breeders out there but I don't think every breeder should get scrutinize for it. There is definitely good breeders I don't know if your one of them cause I haven't looked into you yet. But as far as I know I haven't seen anything negative about your breeding. I have seen that you have been having to deal with more than radical responses. I think you should attempt to remain composure with someone who response to you in that way; for what is unjustified responses that's all. You will do as you please but I think in the end you would enjoy coming on here more if this conflict was not on going. So I really think that my input on what I have read was only to be helpful so everyone could enjoy this site.
Last edited by chownuzzle on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon, Are you being scrutinized and radically responded to with threats of breeder racist remarks causing your life to be disrupted and ruining your enjoyment of this site? You better call Bush Sounds like a terrorist activity to me you might get an orange alert going on in your town..

Love the name Cruiser for a Chow why didn't I think of that, perfect name for a Chow especially the way they cruise around looking for pray. The name alone would sell me.

That calls for a song, Smoky Robinson, "Baby lets Cruise, Crusin is made for Love, I love it when were Cruising together" Hmmm Smoky must have been walking a Chow when he wrote that song...
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

funny jeff, i thought the same exact thing!!!
'MAYBE WE'LL FLY AWAY, MAYBE GO MY WAY, I LOVE IT WHEN WE'RE CRUISIN TOGETHER'.....

i did also like the way gweneth paltrow sang it in that movie too.

could also have been a guy named eddie ...... and the "cruiser"(s) lol
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

janet wrote:funny jeff, i thought the same exact thing!!!
'MAYBE WE'LL FLY AWAY, MAYBE GO MY WAY, I LOVE IT WHEN WE'RE CRUISIN TOGETHER'.....

Duet, i loved that movie way underrated movie, I'm not exactly a Huey Lewis fan but he pulled it off. And by the the way they are remakeing the Rocky Horror Pictue show after 30 years, they are chosing the cast now so watch it this time around, I can't believe you have never seen it.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

wow, i am officially old. 30 yrs??? *censored word*i feel like it was just last year.lol.
thank you i couldnt think if that movie's name. i loved it. they were good together in it actually.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Sam Lovely dogs, I want them :lol: but then I say that about all the chows I see. /:)
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sam, thanks for explaining the expression on your face. I thought you may have been sitting on the head of a garden gnome, with that look of alarm. Your Chow looks totally comfortable with the cool weather.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Now, now...it was just a polite way to say Sam looked like he had a stick up his arse. He even admits he has a funny expression, afterall...
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

More like garden gnome's pointy hat is code for stick!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
janet wrote:funny jeff, i thought the same exact thing!!!

Duet, i loved that movie way underrated movie, I'm not exactly a Huey Lewis fan but he pulled it off. And by the the way they are remakeing the Rocky Horror Pictue show after 30 years, they are chosing the cast now so watch it this time around, I can't believe you have never seen it.
I use to go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show almost weekly there for a while, they had audience participation after midnight on Saturday night. People dressed up like the characters and such, even took squirt bottles for the rain sceen, it was best to have a rainsuit handy, else you were going to get seriously wet! :lol:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:Sam, thanks for explaining the expression on your face. I thought you may have been sitting on the head of a garden gnome, with that look of alarm. Your Chow looks totally comfortable with the cool weather.
Yes. Po was fired up in that cold weather to say the least, I on the other hand about froze to death! :lol:
Sam

Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

If you were seriously wanting a dog from me or anyone else, you wouldn't want to buy a pup with the expense of everything, an adult that had been thoroughly checked out would be the best option, then there are no surprises that you might get when a pup matures. 8)
I think I'll just import semen Sam :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Red Dragon, Are you being scrutinized and radically responded to with threats of breeder racist remarks causing your life to be disrupted and ruining your enjoyment of this site? You better call Bush Sounds like a terrorist activity to me you might get an orange alert going on in your town..

Love the name Cruiser for a Chow why didn't I think of that, perfect name for a Chow especially the way they cruise around looking for pray. The name alone would sell me.

That calls for a song, Smoky Robinson, "Baby lets Cruise, Crusin is made for Love, I love it when were Cruising together" Hmmm Smoky must have been walking a Chow when he wrote that song...
I do apologize if I offended you like I said I was attempting to only be helpful. I never said that Red Dragon was being threatened nor that anyone's life was being disrupted. If you somehow took that I saw this as "terrorist activity" you are mistaken but I am guessing that this was a sarcastic joke. Actually you reminded me of PETA; while they do get the job done most the time I don't agree with all of the ways the organization approaches practically everything. You can definitely appreciate what they have done though and back them up for it but PETA has been very RADICAL in their approaches. I do think that everyone in general would enjoy the site more. The constant tension from certain users will definitely not stop me from coming on here. In the end its not my problem and yes I all I have to do is ignore the post. However I thought it was better I attempt to be helpful than just dismiss it.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PETA.....Radical......Naw!!!! Those people are the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet, they run around talking about abuse, then they go and round up a bunch of dogs and kill them, even been caught throwing them in dumpsters!!!
Sam

Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Just for the record I'd like to note that I have managed to keep out of the last ten flame-fests despite my obvious feelings on the subject. (thats a anti-breeder/pro-rescue one for those who don't know me).

If their are any breeders out there (USA) who aren't suffering from a FULL BLOWN God-like/narcissistic complex, please let me know. But if there weren't those who also claim to love the breed so much keeping all of them in business we wouldn't be having this discussion and Chows and dogs in general might actually stand a chance or be in a situation like those from across the pond (east or west take your pick).

The only hope for dogs in this country will be if the States mandate permits for both breeders and those wanting PB puppies, with a hefty fee for either. Same for dog owners in general, but much less or even waived for those willing to take shelter dogs.

Hit the posers in the pocketbook/wallet the watch the chaff blow away in the wind and the true "lovers of the breed" stick around.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sojourner11 wrote:Just for the record I'd like to note that I have managed to keep out of the last ten flame-fests despite my obvious feelings on the subject. (thats a anti-breeder/pro-rescue one for those who don't know me).

If their are any breeders out there (USA) who aren't suffering from a FULL BLOWN God-like/narcissistic complex, please let me know. But if there weren't those who also claim to love the breed so much keeping all of them in business we wouldn't be having this discussion and Chows and dogs in general might actually stand a chance or be in a situation like those from across the pond (east or west take your pick).

The only hope for dogs in this country will be if the States mandate permits for both breeders and those wanting PB puppies, with a hefty fee for either. Same for dog owners in general, but much less or even waived for those willing to take shelter dogs.

Hit the posers in the pocketbook/wallet the watch the chaff blow away in the wind and the true "lovers of the breed" stick around.
It never ceases to amaze me at how confused some people are about where their rescue problems actually come from! :?

Godlike???.....where do you guys come up with this stuff? Is there some kind of rescue pamplet you guys order from PETA or HSUS that tells you all what to say?

Just for the record, I breed Chows and I am damn proud of it! \:D/
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

chownuzzle wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote:Red Dragon, Are you being scrutinized and radically responded to with threats of breeder racist remarks causing your life to be disrupted and ruining your enjoyment of this site? You better call Bush Sounds like a terrorist activity to me you might get an orange alert going on in your town..

I do apologize if I offended you like I said I was attempting to only be helpful. I never said that Red Dragon was being threatened nor that anyone's life was being disrupted. If you somehow took that I saw this as "terrorist activity" you are mistaken but I am guessing that this was a sarcastic joke. Actually you reminded me of PETA; while they do get the job done most the time I don't agree with all of the ways the organization approaches practically everything. You can definitely appreciate what they have done though and back them up for it but PETA has been very RADICAL in their approaches. I do think that everyone in general would enjoy the site more. The constant tension from certain users will definitely not stop me from coming on here. In the end its not my problem and yes I all I have to do is ignore the post. However I thought it was better I attempt to be helpful than just dismiss it.
Don't worry about it just because I used you words doesn't mean it had anything to do with you or your opinions there may have been some sarcasm in my post but I was joking with red dragon it nothing to do with you personally or anything to do with what you said. When I use someone else wording its usually a compliment even though I've turned them into my sarcasm. There's no reason for you to take offense to anything that anyone says on this site that should keep you form coming here and posting, When there is a long Thread going I rarely look who made the post or even read most of the post if they go more then 3 lines so I'm just seeing words.

ImageImage
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Red Dragon wrote:
Sojourner11 wrote:Just for the record I'd like to note that I have managed to keep out of the last ten flame-fests despite my obvious feelings on the subject. (thats a anti-breeder/pro-rescue one for those who don't know me).

It never ceases to amaze me at how confused some people are about where their rescue problems actually come from! :?

Godlike???.....where do you guys come up with this stuff? Is there some kind of rescue pamplet you guys order from PETA or HSUS that tells you all what to say?

Just for the record, I breed Chows and I am damn proud of it! \:D/
Confused, um no. Too many dogs, not enough homes, shelters full. I dunno Sam but that is as clear cut as it gets. Yes Godlike, as in "I can do no wrong no matter what it is and no one will ever make me think or consider otherwise, because I'm good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me!...(and because I let a male dog hump a female while she was in heat then sell the pups)". Any one we know? Eh? Anyone? Bueller? :lol:
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
chownuzzle wrote:

Don't worry about it just because I used you words doesn't mean it had anything to do with you or your opinions there may have been some sarcasm in my post but I was joking with red dragon it nothing to do with you personally or anything to do with what you said. When I use someone else wording its usually a compliment even though I've turned them into my sarcasm. There's no reason for you to take offense to anything that anyone says on this site that should keep you form coming here and posting, When there is a long Thread going I rarely look who made the post or even read most of the post if they go more then 3 lines so I'm just seeing words.
Thank You [:D]