As The Chow World Turns....

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

As The Chow World Turns....

Post by Red Dragon »

Just starting a new thread in case they lock the old one! :lol: Fire away Jeff, the topic is open to all, let the clutter begin! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: As The Chow World Turns....

Post by Jeff&Peks »

No that's ok not worth the trouble when you have breeders lieing just to make a sale. Carry on i'm out of this one. We can take care of it next week when someone gets burned buying a puppy from them. How many times can you say "Told you so, you were warned"

You breeders do a fine job on your own of cluttering arguing with each others. Theres no need to start a list of bad breeders just read the post then you can see who not to buy from.

Out of all these supposed good breeders there is only two that have a right to call themselves responsible breeders, not that i would ever buy from any of them.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Red Dragon wrote:Just starting a new thread in case they lock the old one! :lol: Fire away Jeff, the topic is open to all, let the clutter begin! :lol:
OK,hows this tread going to start :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I can't help myself...I keep reading all of this mess. I need a 12 step program...helppppppp!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

me too Laura :shock:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:No that's ok not worth the trouble when you have breeders lieing just to make a sale. Carry on i'm out of this one. We can take care of it next week when someone gets burned buying a puppy from them. How many times can you say "Told you so, you were warned"

You breeders do a fine job on your own of cluttering arguing with each others. Theres no need to start a list of bad breeders just read the post then you can see who not to buy from.

Out of all these supposed good breeders there is only two that have a right to call themselves responsible breeders, not that i would ever buy from any of them.
And who would those breeders be? =P~
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

jacqui wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Just starting a new thread in case they lock the old one! :lol: Fire away Jeff, the topic is open to all, let the clutter begin! :lol:
OK,hows this tread going to start :wink:
Does it really matter how it starts? :lol:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I might be able to take a break. We can't let any aggressive dogs around the puppies though, I don't want them getting off on the wrong foot. They can be really annoying to the adults too, they like to crawl all over them and give them face hugs, some dogs don't do well with that sort of thing. :lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote:No that's ok not worth the trouble when you have breeders lieing just to make a sale. Carry on i'm out of this one. We can take care of it next week when someone gets burned buying a puppy from them. How many times can you say "Told you so, you were warned"

Lets just say one doesn't even live in the US so don't worry no competition there.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

jonathanfsu1 wrote:I understand...With the proper introduction, our dogs listen really well to new boundaries as they experience other animals...It is the people who do not have a clean slate that they will not trust ...But puppies, they would adore them...Perhaps, four would be too over powering...two might be a better number for the first visit...Even the two pomeranians up the street put a scare into our Chows...When they saw them again, no grudge....We only give them one option..To BEHAVE!...THEY TEND TO FOLLOW THE LEAD REALLY WELL...yOUR CALL...If this weekend is too short on notice, then we can think about some other time...I had been eyeing the new superman ride at Six Flags this Saturday...3.5 G's and free floating like you are flying! Outstanding! :mrgreen:
I will try and get things done so I can take off. Which day would be better for you, Sat. or Sun.? I could bring all four, and if they cause a problem we can crate as many as we need too. They are little maniacs, I warn you! :lol:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:

Lets just say one doesn't even live in the US so don't worry no competition there.
Well thank goodness, I don't know if I could stand anymore competition! 8)
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Mommy locked our other thread! :lol:
Sam

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Red Dragon wrote:Mommy locked our other thread! :lol:
So your Mommy is a member of the site too? Does she have to make sure you eat all your words? Don't disrespect the moderators. We don't play games anymore. Today's cc.org is different from yesterday's cc.org. Ask a couple of members who have had to take a time out.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Just so you know, no matter which one, a moderator that manages a thread (locks, deletes, etc.) is the spokes person for all of the moderators. When the members cannot kept the post civil, the moderators have to manage it. It's unfortunate that some members lash out and make fun of the moderators.
The main interest for all of us on this site is our chow - not your personal agenda.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Come on people please look at the thread Elvis as he REALLY needs our help. Lets all work together on this one.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

I'm sick of logging and reading about this crap really.

If you are breeder: Please be a civilized one with compassion for any animal you breed. I don't oppose to breeding as long as you don't do it only to make a profit. But logging on here to only dispute with those who oppose you is really just plain silly. Please take to a blog where people do this more often. Try to maintain your civility I think this is also important for reputation as well.

If your against breeding: I truly believe that we are allowed to form our own opinions. Your opinion against it is not wrong at all however logging on here and attacking a breeder is incorrect. I believe there is decent breeders out there. And I don't believe that all breeders should be categorized under one category. Should you be suspicious - Most Certainly. But you categorizing a breeder automatically makes you completely closed minded and a little radical in your responses.

I believe this forum mostly is used to provide support and help or guidance. I think we should all stick to that. There is no need for this obnoxious posts. I am not taking sides but logging in here has quickly become irritating of how non-helpful and non-supportive some of you can be. Please let others enjoy visiting this site.

Thank You
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

jonathanfsu1 wrote:Sam,

Just checked with my better half and she said that next weekend would be more open...Perhaps, next Saturday? What do you like for lunch?...We would enjoy the visit...The dogs would have a field day...

Jonathan.
That would probably be better, I think? Nope, I just went and looked and that is the microchip clinic day, getting all the pups chipped. If that Sunday is open I could come by then?

Sam
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

chownuzzle wrote:I'm sick of logging and reading about this crap really.

If you are breeder: Please be a civilized one with compassion for any animal you breed. I don't oppose to breeding as long as you don't do it only to make a profit. But logging on here to only dispute with those who oppose you is really just plain silly. Please take to a blog where people do this more often. Try to maintain your civility I think this is also important for reputation as well.

If your against breeding: I truly believe that we are allowed to form our own opinions. Your opinion against it is not wrong at all however logging on here and attacking a breeder is incorrect. I believe there is decent breeders out there. And I don't believe that all breeders should be categorized under one category. Should you be suspicious - Most Certainly. But you categorizing a breeder automatically makes you completely closed minded and a little radical in your responses.

I believe this forum mostly is used to provide support and help or guidance. I think we should all stick to that. There is no need for this obnoxious posts. I am not taking sides but logging in here has quickly become irritating of how non-helpful and non-supportive some of you can be. Please let others enjoy visiting this site.

Thank You
Nobody is making you read anything. If there is something I don't want to see I skip over it, you can do the same.
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I think I am going to buy one of these mean people T-shirts. That would go well with my 460 Magnum strapped on my hip! :lol: http://www.cafepress.com/petastore/4232134
Sam

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

kingalls wrote:Just so you know, no matter which one, a moderator that manages a thread (locks, deletes, etc.) is the spokes person for all of the moderators. When the members cannot kept the post civil, the moderators have to manage it. It's unfortunate that some members lash out and make fun of the moderators.
The main interest for all of us on this site is our chow - not your personal agenda.
jonathanfsu1 wrote:Not mine,,,Perhaps, my brothers...There was a disparity of fairness..Especially given the aggregate of the situation...Anyone with a heart would see it...I do not lash out..I speak the truth.
Since I was the moderator who responded to the sibling bickering and mutual threats, I guess you are referring to me, and the way I handled the poor behavior on both your parts.

First, there was no disparity of fairness. Despite your denials, it was obvious to anyone looking at the exchange between you two (who was not involved), that it goes much deeper than just defending Jacqui and her bad experience. Shoot- I agreed with you on that point, but you were too busy trying to defend that which I did not agree with you on to notice...heart or no heart, a blindman can see your deep family turmoil.

Second, you are correct, you do not lash out. You do, however, hold a black belt with one line jabs and backhanded compliments. Once you get a response from your target (aka brother Bill), it's no holds barred to escalating banter no one wants to see.

Finally, having a large vocabulary of my own, I try not to inundate those who don't with fancy words to impress. I have on occasion, helped out my less literary friends with definitions of words they did not understand- kind of a 'word of the day'. In your case, I will not give you a definition of a word I used, rather, the definition of one you used, improperly. Being in the education field, you can understand the importance of being precise in speech. Perhaps you meant to say something like, "Given the contentiousness of the situation..."

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
ag·gre·gate Audio Help /adj., n. ˈægrɪgɪt, -ˌgeɪt; v. ˈægrɪˌgeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[adj., n. ag-ri-git, -geyt; v. ag-ri-geyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, verb, -gat·ed, -gat·ing.
–adjective 1. formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
2. Botany. a. (of a flower) formed of florets collected in a dense cluster but not cohering, as the daisy.
b. (of a fruit) composed of a cluster of carpels belonging to the same flower, as the raspberry.

3. Geology. (of a rock) consisting of a mixture of minerals separable by mechanical means.
–noun 4. a sum, mass, or assemblage of particulars; a total or gross amount: the aggregate of all past experience.
5. a cluster of soil granules not larger than a small crumb.
6. any of various loose, particulate materials, as sand, gravel, or pebbles, added to a cementing agent to make concrete, plaster, etc.
7. Mathematics. set (def. 92).
–verb (used with object) 8. to bring together; collect into one sum, mass, or body.
9. to amount to (the number of): The guns captured will aggregate five or six hundred.
–verb (used without object) 10. to combine and form a collection or mass.
—Idiom11. in the aggregate, taken or considered as a whole: In the aggregate, our losses have been relatively small.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1375–1425; late ME < L aggregātus (ptp. of aggregāre), equiv. to ag- ag- + greg- (s. of grex flock) + -ātus -ate1]

—Related forms
ag·gre·ga·ble Audio Help /ˈægrɪgəbəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-ri-guh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
ag·gre·gate·ly, adjective
ag·gre·gate·ness, noun
ag·gre·ga·to·ry Audio Help /ˈægrɪgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-ri-guh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective

—Synonyms 1. added, complete, whole. 8. assemble, amass, accumulate, gather.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Auddymay wrote:
kingalls wrote:Just so you know, no matter which one, a moderator that manages a thread (locks, deletes, etc.) is the spokes person for all of the moderators. When the members cannot kept the post civil, the moderators have to manage it. It's unfortunate that some members lash out and make fun of the moderators.
jonathanfsu1 wrote:Not mine,,,Perhaps, my brothers...There was a disparity of fairness..Especially given the aggregate of the situation...Anyone with a heart would see it...I do not lash out..I speak the truth.
Since I was the moderator who responded to the sibling bickering and mutual threats, I guess you are referring to me, and the way I handled the poor behavior on both your parts.

First, there was no disparity of fairness. Despite your denials, it was obvious to anyone looking at the exchange between you two (who was not involved), that it goes much deeper than just defending Jacqui and her bad experience. Shoot- I agreed with you on that point, but you were too busy trying to defend that which I did not agree with you on to notice...heart or no heart, a blindman can see your deep family turmoil.
Hey Auddymay!

I think he was referring to me about the "heart" comment. Remember the PM I sent all the mods and chowadmin? But you can share it with me if you like.....

Hey Jacqui!

Who put Kito as the July chow in Auddymay's yearly calendar that we auctioned off for cc.org and sent you one to help ease your grief? Also, who did the scrapbook page of Kito especially for you and the calendar? According to this dueling brother, it's neither of us who have hearts. Have you two been working around your troubles with the breeder since last year, or is this recent?

Geez, Auddy and kingalls, maybe getting our peeps and helping organize local ChowFests is also not having a heart. You know, so we can meet one another and our chows get to know their chows and we have a network of local info in the event one of us needs advice, help or whatever special needs our chows might require last minute. You think taking on a member's chow (who lives 600 miles away) and fostering their chow means one with a heart? Or perhaps bringing in a twitchy "GREEN LISTED" not Red listed "Green Listed" chow 600 miles away at a moment's notice into their home would constitute one with a heart? Who knows. All I know is if I have a problem with my sibling I talk with them directly... that there is something called Small Claims court in the U.S. to handle legitimate commercial disputes of this kind... that this forum is not to be used for the passive-aggressive duelling patootie. It's like the name of a fast food chain in SoCal "El Pollo Loco"!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:

Second, you are correct, you do not lash out. You do, however, hold a black belt with one line jabs and backhanded compliments. Once you get a response from your target (aka brother Bill), it's no holds barred to escalating banter no one wants to see.

Finally, having a large vocabulary of my own, I try not to inundate those who don't with fancy words to impress. I have on occasion, helped out my less literary friends with definitions of words they did not understand- kind of a 'word of the day'. In your case, I will not give you a definition of a word I used, rather, the definition of one you used, improperly. Being in the education field, you can understand the importance of being precise in speech. Perhaps you meant to say something like, "Given the contentiousness of the situation..."

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
ag·gre·gate Audio Help /adj., n. ˈægrɪgɪt, -ˌgeɪt; v. ˈægrɪˌgeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[adj., n. ag-ri-git, -geyt; v. ag-ri-geyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, verb, -gat·ed, -gat·ing.
–adjective 1. formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
2. Botany. a. (of a flower) formed of florets collected in a dense cluster but not cohering, as the daisy.
b. (of a fruit) composed of a cluster of carpels belonging to the same flower, as the raspberry.

3. Geology. (of a rock) consisting of a mixture of minerals separable by mechanical means.
–noun 4. a sum, mass, or assemblage of particulars; a total or gross amount: the aggregate of all past experience.
5. a cluster of soil granules not larger than a small crumb.
6. any of various loose, particulate materials, as sand, gravel, or pebbles, added to a cementing agent to make concrete, plaster, etc.
7. Mathematics. set (def. 92).
–verb (used with object) 8. to bring together; collect into one sum, mass, or body.
9. to amount to (the number of): The guns captured will aggregate five or six hundred.
–verb (used without object) 10. to combine and form a collection or mass.
—Idiom11. in the aggregate, taken or considered as a whole: In the aggregate, our losses have been relatively small.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1375–1425; late ME < L aggregātus (ptp. of aggregāre), equiv. to ag- ag- + greg- (s. of grex flock) + -ātus -ate1]

—Related forms
ag·gre·ga·ble Audio Help /ˈægrɪgəbəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-ri-guh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
ag·gre·gate·ly, adjective
ag·gre·gate·ness, noun
ag·gre·ga·to·ry Audio Help /ˈægrɪgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-ri-guh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective

—Synonyms 1. added, complete, whole. 8. assemble, amass, accumulate, gather.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
I might not be able to cypher, but I know what aggregate is, being a farmer and all! \:D/
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Zhuyos mom wrote:
Auddymay wrote:

Hey Auddymay!

I think he was referring to me about the "heart" comment. Remember the PM I sent all the mods and chowadmin? But you can share it with me if you like.....

Hey Jacqui!

Who put Kito as the July chow in Auddymay's yearly calendar that we auctioned off for cc.org and sent you one to help ease your grief? Also, who did the scrapbook page of Kito especially for you and the calendar? According to this dueling brother, it's neither of us who have hearts. Have you two been working around your troubles with the breeder since last year, or is this recent?

Geez, Auddy and kingalls, maybe getting our peeps and helping organize local ChowFests is also not having a heart. You know, so we can meet one another and our chows get to know their chows and we have a network of local info in the event one of us needs advice, help or whatever special needs our chows might require last minute. You think taking on a member's chow (who lives 600 miles away) and fostering their chow means one with a heart? Or perhaps bringing in a twitchy "GREEN LISTED" not Red listed "Green Listed" chow 600 miles away at a moment's notice into their home would constitute one with a heart? Who knows. All I know is if I have a problem with my sibling I talk with them directly... that there is something called Small Claims court in the U.S. to handle legitimate commercial disputes of this kind... that this forum is not to be used for the passive-aggressive duelling patootie. It's like the name of a fast food chain in SoCal "El Pollo Loco"!
Are you trying to ruin my thread with chatter? :? I was having trouble cyphering all that!
Sam

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Red Dragon wrote:Are you trying to ruin my thread with chatter? :? I was having trouble cyphering all that!
Oh PATOOTIE! would you like us mods to delete your thread since we "chattered" on it?
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Zhuyos mom wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Are you trying to ruin my thread with chatter? :? I was having trouble cyphering all that!
Oh PATOOTIE! would you like us mods to delete your thread since we "chattered" on it?
So far I haven't seen where it mattered what I think, so why do you ask? :o
Sam