Baby Milly and Little Girl Mabel

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Baby Milly and Little Girl Mabel

Post by Judy Fox »

I have been looking through all my photographs and have found some of Milly when she was just 6 weeks old. These were taken during the first couple of days she was with us. Is there anything more adorable than a baby chowling? :) I don't think so. :x
This next one was when she was a little older helping our granddaughter Isabelle with her homework.
This one was taken on the day we brought Mabel home. Isabelle is holding Milly and our daughter Rhiannon is holding Mabel. It was a very happy day.
And this taken a few days later, when she had got used to the garden. She was fascinated by the grass and would sit and watch the birds.
They had wonderful times when they were little girl chow chows - they still have wonderful times, but will never forget the few weeks after Mabel came to live with us and everything was new. :) :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "Is there anything more adorable than a baby chowling?"

---

Two! :lol:

Thank you for posting such *delightful* pics! :)
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Judy they are so very huggable and adorable. Now I understand, after looking at all the puppy pictures on this site, why Odessa's trainer asked us if we got her because she was such a cute puppy -- however we did not know what she looked like as a puppy as she was two when we adopted her and took her for training three months later.
Milly and Mabel are just too sweet and I feel tempted to get another chow as company for Odessa :wink:

Mildred
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Just the sweetest bits of fluff! Milly was so tiny, I love her attempt to leave her box! It's no wonder you went and got Mabel as well!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

The thing is, the picture of her "getting out of her box" - she fell asleep half-way out!! :roll:
When she was tired, we would put her in her box and our granddaughters were banned from disturbing her but she was so nosy and wanted to see what they were doing and even if she was really tired, she would try to get out of her box and fall asleep.
Similarly with the one of her under the coffee table she fell asleep mid-play.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Judy,
the pictures are beautiful. You are right, there is absolutely nothing any cuter than a chowling. I found a picture the other day of me holding Koda right after I got him. He was so little and cute. Holding him now? Not gonna happen at 48 pounds plus. He was just so darned cute as a little chowling. I miss those days. :(
Nancy and Tai

Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Beautiful pictures of the girls as Chowlings. I remember when Rogue was little. Such a cutie!
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

They were cuter than cute!!!

I love how you say Milly was nosy! Is she still? Is Mabel? Because Special Dark ALWAYS has to know what's going in every apartment when we're on our walk! If there's someone outside... must go investigate. "What are they doing? Where are they going? Are they going to pet me? Do they ahve anything to eat?" :D :D I get such a kick out of it! My husband always tells him it's not polite to look into other peoples' apartments!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes Milly is very, very nosy and so is Mabel. When we bring in the groceries and put the bags on the kitchen floor, their little "Chow Beaks" are in grunting and snuffling to see what we have brought in. In fact, we always let them have a look at things they cannot damage because they are happy then.
Whatever we are doing they always are there having a look and a little grunt to each other.
When we go for a walk, they too like to go into people's gates and Fred always tells them it is rude to go into other gardens.
We have to watch when we take them into town because they will poke their snouts into other people's bags!! :lol: Fortunately, it does amuse people. :roll:
I love their funny little nosy ways and they way they mutter to each other about things. They have quite a conversation discussing, for example, what we have brought in. :)
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Debbie »

Too bad we can't have an audio of them talking to each other. I'd love to hear it! Great pictures Judy; it's neat to see them so little!
Are they born in 2000 - I think Milly and Mabel and Bones are the same age - Bones was born in October.
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

They are SO beautiful. It almost brought a tear to my eye thinking about the amazing day that Mabel came back to live with Milly again. What a wonderful reunion! And a wonderful story.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Gorgeous baby pix! You are so lucky to have two such regal and chatty girls.
Sophie likes to smell every item I bring from the grocery store too... I thought I was the only one who has a chow that does inventory. :lol:
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Brisco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brisco »

Judy,
I can certainly see why M&M grew up to be so beautiful, they started off that way. Thanks for the pics, I never get tired of the pics.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you everybody! [:D]
But I would say that we are all very lucky people to know chow chows the way we all do. :)
Milly and Mabel know they are beautiful anyway - little baggages. :roll:
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Great pictures! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy :D
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

They were so adorable!!!!! No wonder they became such beautiful chowladies today!!!!!
Purple kisses from Tiger xxxxxx

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

They are both so beautiful! My favorite picture is the one of Milly passed out underneath the coffee table with her little legs splayed out behind her :lol: love it.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

It would be wonderful to hear what they are saying to each other!! They must terribely adorable examinging everything!! Special Dark also has to smell all of our bags when we come home... "smell first, hugs and kisses second" is his motto! :D :D
Codybear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Codybear »

I sit at my desk all evening, sun shining outside and about the only way to deal with it is looking at the great pics you all send in. Thanks Judy.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Judy - M&M were such cute Chowlings!! Of course, now they are beautiful, mature Chow ladies. Thanks for sharing such great pictures!
Karen
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Oh, Judy, too cute!! Lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing!! Mandy, I am glad I'm not the only one w/ loose tear ducts! Yes, I, too was tearful looking at these lovely pictures remembering the stories Judy told us of M&M. How lucky for M&M to have you, Judy & Fred, and for yourselves to have M&M. :D