Help needed

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

GmeMstr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Help needed

Post by GmeMstr »

jacqui wrote:is he able to keep anything down yet?
Well, the doc says we will be moving to a different kind of prescription food that is more liquid than solid for the next few weeks. He also suggested that any other food should be, in his words, "blenderized" prior to feeding. When I go to pick him up, he's going to show me how to feed him, so I'm assuming it'll be some kind of pouring going on.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh I am so glad he is still hanging in there. I was scared to ask and scared to open this thread! Whew! Kiss that baby for me when you pick him up!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Best wishes to you and Bear. He is one tough guy!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
GmeMstr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GmeMstr »

He's home again. The staples (all 12 of them!) have been taken out and he certainly seems in better spirits. He's tolerating the A/D food quite well and is keeping it down. Our next task: keep my daughter from passing him her food! ;)

I just wanted to extend my eternal gratitude to everyone here and elsewhere who have helped financially with Bear's treatment. The total bill so far is right around $2200.00 and through everyone's generosity and our initial outlay, we've gotten it down to about $1200.00!

It's amazing how things happen and just when a person thinks the world is going to hell in a hand basket, your selflessness proves me wrong.

My family and Bear thank you for your caring.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I hope you'll keep us posted how Bear is doing :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
GmeMstr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GmeMstr »

Of course! I really am anxious for him to get back to his old self. He's lost so much weight...
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

yeah!
Last edited by RHENEGADE CHOWS on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

GmeMstr wrote:Of course! I really am anxious for him to get back to his old self. He's lost so much weight...
You need to google "dyne" and order some. This is a high calorie liquid diet that is relatively inexpensive and will put weight back on him in no time. This is used for all sorts of recovering animals. Just add it to his food, make sure you wipe his teeth after a meal with anything wet or gooey.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

I am so glad to hear that Bear is doing much better, keep up the good spirits and know that things can only get better now, I know how hard it's been on you and your pocket and I would also like to say thank you to every one who has helped you to get this lovely Chow better.
Things are no longer cheap these days, throughout the world, with the food prices soaring and the cost of fuel, no doubt the Vets bills and even doctors bill are soaring as well.
Bless you all and plenty of hugs to a very special Chow.org chow BEAR.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

chichini
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chichini »

chichini here, hope you are doing better, bear. you are such a strong spritied chow! i wish i could be there to cheer you up. keep your spirits up :)

anyway, hope you and bear get through the tough times. do you mind if you PM me your paypal? i have just lost my job recently, and my wife does not work, but i would still like to help. thank you and take care

-dennis
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Any update on Bear?
ImageImageImage
GmeMstr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GmeMstr »

Chow Chow Mama wrote:Any update on Bear?
The boards are back!

Bear is doing well. He has a new problem: the soft food is making his bowel movements...ahem..explosive. :) For only the second time in three years he has gone potty in the house. I know it's simply a matter of him being unable to hold it in and it happened while we were sleeping, so there was no reprimand. He seemed sooo embarassed!

I can't wait until we can get more fiber into him.

He still gags if the food is too chunky, so we're gonna stay with the soft food for now. He still gets an occasional Gardetto melba toast from time to time, soo he's moving more towards normalcy.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You are being so patient and understanding with Bear. I am so glad. I think he is in very good hands with you. I hope he continues to improve.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

How's Bear doing?
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »