Does your Chow sleep on the bed with you?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tahla9999
Rank 0
Rank 0

Does your Chow sleep on the bed with you?

Post by Tahla9999 »

My chow, most of the time, does not sleep on my bed. He likes to be in places where he can make sure no stranger enters the house, but there are times where he slept at the end of the bed.

Yours?
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Does your Chow sleep on the bed with you?

Post by Desi »

One snoring husband and two poodles in bed with me.If I let the Chows sleep with me too I'd end up on the floor! :D
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Tippsy ALWAYS sleeps in the bed with me. I don't think I could sleep with out her. :lol: She makes me feel safe 'cause I know if anybody in the house moves she'll let me know.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

No, neither of my girls are allowed on the furniture or in the bed with us, they never have tryed to get into bed with us anyway....Kyra did bomb me one morning in an attempt to get me to get up and let her out to go potty when she was in a hurry one morning though :shock: but we do have a recliner that is close to the window and Kyra does hop up there to see whats going on outside if she hears something

Thanks Sweetpea!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Nope. They will both lay on the couch with us and sleep as we watch TV but so far neither sleeps in the bed with us for more then a few minutes. Shug did after his neuter for 2 nights but that was just because he was being my big baby. :D Now if only I could get the cat to not sleep with me and the hubby not to snore! :roll:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Dusty sleeps on the bed with us (he's the retriever mix), Molly sleeps on the floor beside the bed. If Dusty sleeps somewhere else though and we ask Molly to come up, she will, but usually gets too hot and gets back down on the floor.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
MontanaXman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontanaXman »

Jake never sleeps on the bed. But he does enjoy watching TV. Spoiled rotten.

MontanaXman
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Both kids are currently banned from our bedroom due to Hannah chewing up the box spring but... when they were allowed in the bedroom Holden would lay on the bed for a short while and then he would jump down and lay in the doorway. Hannah would get up on the bed but she only wanted to play so she got kicked off. :roll:
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

The bed happens to be the only piece of furniture Tippsy will get on, unless she's picked up and sat on the sofa or something. :lol: Which I do a LOT. :roll: And when she is on the sofa it's only for a few seconds...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Honey used to get up on the bed, but then move to a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed. Ralph would spread out like a week's wash and have to be pushed to one side or the foot of the bed! Brandy won't get up on the bed and the one time I put her up there, she immediately jumped off. She doesn't even sleep in the bedroom with me - I think she likes it better on the tiled floor and where she can spread out more!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

[color=#400080 Mine get up on the bed but never stay all night, they get up see what I am doing then watch TV for a short time and get down and either sleep inside or they go outside.
Kathy[/color]
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters has never even attempted to get on our bed. He does get on the one in the guest room on occasion (without guests in it :D ). He sleeps in our shower!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

TJordan wrote: He sleeps in our shower!!
Dude wow glad to hear it, mom thought I was crazy, if she does not leave the shower door cracked I am stuck sleeping in front of it. Butters you really are my hero!
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Khana sleeps on the bed pretty much every night. She likes to curl up against my back when I'm on my side. She has to be touching me - if I move over then she wiggles around until she's up against me again. I'm amazed that she doesn't get too hot.

In the mornings she moves around in front of me so that she can lay down and then I massage her back and tummy. We started doing this when she was a tiny puppy and I was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. RA tends to really affect fingers and wrists, and most mornings my fingers are so sore and stiff that I can barely move them. The "chow fur massage" is excellent for easing the sore joints, and Khana loves it (of course!). So it's mutually beneficial.

Dora rarely gets on the bed - she'll jump up once in awhile but usually has to be asked up. Trick (GSD) sleeps on the bed when it's cold. Tazer (GSD) is not allowed on the bed at all (she still sleeps in an ex-pen or kennel at night). In the middle of winter, with a shepherd and a chow on the bed, I sometimes wake up and am crowded against the edge of the bed with one foot on the floor so I don't fall out! When I wake up like that, I boot the dogs off (they're usually sprawled out on their sides, happily taking up 3/4 of the bed).

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mabel never sleeps on our bed but Milly starts off in her own bed in our room but then sometimes during the night she jumps up by our feet and is very often there in the morning - but not always. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Bella slept in our bed the first night we got her for a few hours. But since then she has just slept on the floor in our bedroom. Do you think she may find it too warm sleeping with all the blankets and stuff? She has also gotten into the habit of sleeping under the bed. :shock: Weird? I think so. She'll soon be too big to get under there though.. that will be a sad day for her I'm sure. :(

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I have tried getting Pekoe on my bed but she freaks and starts yelping like she is being abused, she has always had a thing about getting on furniture, she refuses. The person that had pekoe her first two years must have been a clean freak and didn't allow her on furniture. Pekoe will barley walk on a rug if she can avoid it she would rather jump it then walk on it. Pekoe reacts to cuss words and furniture and I can run the vacuum right up to her face it doesn't bother her so I picture her previous Owner with a beer in one hand a vacuum in the other cussing all the time. does that sound like Martha Stewart?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Maxwell will start the night with me but then jump down once he thinks I am sleeping or gets to hot. Yoshi usually spends the night sleeping in the greenhouse window, so he can look out and guard

David
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Our two allow us to sleep in our bed, not always because they want to! Every night we say come on its bedtime. If Gracie isn't already upstairs she will run up and get in her bed which is on a blanket on the floor next to my side of the bed. Princess then runs upstairs and jumps up on the bed, head on the pillow just waiting to be tucked in. If Gracie was already in bed when we say its bedtime we will most of the time find her on our bed sleeping and not at all wanting to move from her spot. On and off through out the night Gracie will get on the bed to sleep. I had a few nights of not being able to sleep, until then I thought she slept all night on the floor. Well she doesn't. Every morning as soon as my husband gets up for work, Gracie gets on the bed and cuddles with me. I wake up every morning with her laying next to me. Princess normally just stays in her corner by the window all night. She gets to hot.
MFOSSS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MFOSSS »

TAASHA ALWAYS HAS , BUT NEVER GOES ON ANY OTHER FURNITURE . KIANNA DOES AND SHE WILL CUDDLE WITH MOM ON THE COUCH . SULLY IS STILL SMALL AND HAS NO OTHER OPTIONS AT THIS TIME , BUT HE DOESNT MIND DUE TO CLINGING TO HIS DAD MOST OF THE TIME WHICH IS MORE THAN FINE WITH ME. AS SULLY GETS BIGGER ( PROBABLY IS GOING TO BE VERY LARGE ) AND TAASHA BEING LARGE AND KIANNA BE MID 30LBS , WE WILL PROBABLY GET AN APARTMENT (HEHEHE)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is a lovely picture of Jake - Ruined to death !! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
MFOSSS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MFOSSS »

THIS PIC IS A KEEPER , WHAT A SHOT .[quote="MontanaXman"]Jake never sleeps on the bed. But he does enjoy watching TV. Spoiled rotten.

[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/ ... JakeTV.jpg[/img][/quote]
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

My chow doesn't like beds, couches, or any furniture. She won't sleep on the bed I purchased, it's now the cats' bed. When I do get Mikki on the bed, she starts huffing and puffing, drooling, you'd think I had a sick dog. I let her jump off the bed after a while, don't want to cause her to have a heat stroke. To Mikki, a bed means punishment, she gets hyper because she can't figure out what she did wrong. As many of our chows, she prefers the tile floor by the front door or the wooden floor under the dining room table, that's her den.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Cinder came to us as an adult rescue. First night I took the girls out, then said bedtime on the way in. She ran upstairs to the master bedroom and jumped up on the bed, curling into a ball at the middle of the foot. I was shocked, even worried that she was just lost and needed to find her family. (checked with the shelter and everything). Ever since then she starts out the night on the bed but usually gets too hot and ends up on the floor. Teddy has never been on the bed, shows no interest but sleeps on the dog bed that Cinder disdains.

My first chow Chana always slept curled up in a ball on the bed even when we weren't home. Tasha slept on the bed too when she was a puppy but she grew up to be a 70some pounds girl who slept only on her side and there just wasn't enough room in our King sized waterbed for all four of us if she tried to stretch out. She took to jumping up on the bed for a few minutes then back to the floor to sleep for the night.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

When are they NOT sleeping on the bed?!
It's already 80+degrees here during the day, we've been having the AC on 24/7, just so they can continue to sleep on the bed.

And this was from the winter...