How long do females have boobs?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

How long do females have boobs?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Blame that heading on ciaobella she told me to start a new thread.

How long after a female Chow has puppies do those things hanging from her underside last, According to the vet it wasn't to long ago Onyx had puppies so she has some excess items hanging from her. She goes in Monday for spaying, does spaying have anything to do with them going away.

Speaking of Skippy has anyone noticed that as you get older you start buying smooth style peanut butter not crunchy style.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: How long do females have boobs?

Post by ciaobella »

You took a hit for the team with that one Jeff. Thank you, and I'll take the crunchy, please.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I still like crunchy too. :wink:

I did a google for your question and only found one answer and it's vague. It says they could remain that way forever OR 6-7 months. There's also a thing called phantom pregnancy where females' bodies act like they're pregnant, but they're not. I'm sure there are lots of people on here that can answer your question intelligently (if they even open the thread!).
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

you gave me a good laugh here Jeff :@) :biggergrin: ]):) :lol: Dont worry about her boobs they will shrink eventually, why dont you buy her a bra? just measure how many cups she needs and get some one to make her one.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Dip the swollen nipples in cold, icy water, that'll make them shrink. If that's not possible, apply icepacks. Suggested by Dr.Spock.

My first chow Luna had puppies before I adopted her. They had shaved her belly. It took about one month for some hair to grow on her chest and if I remember correctly the swelling had disappeard by then. The chow was spayed 6 months later and all was well.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Dr. Spock the child Doctor that no ones listens to any more or Dr Spock from the Starship enterprise? It that what Capt Kirk and Spock are doing now, they got into breeding?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Dr.Benjamin Spock, the paedatrician who wrote the bestseller babies and childcare. He gave advice re babies, he himself was childless.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

well darn. i thought you were talkin human females. lol. and if thats the case i had mine for 43yrs, until i had to get newer models.lmao.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image