Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 pm

"lol Jeff the people that have come on here asking for recommendations of good breeders get ran off"

I wont bother to read the rest that comment says it all, Not once in 10 years has anyone ever recommended a breeder to anyone, the few breeders that are on this site post how wonderful they are but have never recommended any breeder to anyone looking to buy a Chow. the breeders that are on this site can't even stand each other they spend all their time telling each other how wrong they are.. There are 20 people telling shannlee379 how horrible she is for buying a Chow from a BYB and how the Chow is going to destroy her life with all the Health problems the puppy is supposedly is going to have. She has been lectured for days on good and bad breeders but not once has anyone recommend any supposedly good breeders to her. You would think these wonderful show quality breeders would have a list of qualified breeders all over the US. Shelters and Rescues in the US have some sort of network going so what's wrong with the breeders, good or bad? I guess when your trying to make a living selling animals you sure don't want to recommend your competition.

Read back and see who's running who off, I'm one of the few that have been telling her to get the puppy and not to listen to the advice givers. I would prefer she got a Chow from a shelter but she found a puppy she wants so great the puppy has a home. I think this good breeder bad breeder advice is a bunch of bull and every chow that has come out of a shelter has proven the good breeder bad breeder theory wrong every single time.

Chasing members away?. I saw four people leave pissed off in the past month that I purposely stayed out of the thread so you compassionate people could help them. I knew on the first two words of compassion they would leave. People do have outside lives just because someone doesn't spend 24 housr aday preaching compassion to people dumping their chows and praising breeders doesn't mean they left because they were offended. As I have said before, if someone leaves because they were offended by something that was said then they are only here for themselves and not the Chow. if they cared about their chow they wouldn't care what anyone said. People have said alot of things to Me that I should be offended by but I could care less it's Pekoe that I care about not how many internet friends I make. Oh yeah, guess I better start adding Onyx to my post now.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

nuke

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by nuke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 pm

See Jeff, I told you that Onyx was meant for you.
Sorry for pulling that comment out of your excellent post, but I really think that you and Onyx are meant for each other.

As for the rest of your post, I salute you <S>.

User avatar
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by ciaobella » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Laura wrote:The turn this thread has taken has gone off course IMO.
Well, yeah, but that was pretty much expected. Habit maybe.

I actually thought it would happen sooner, so in that I am somewhat surprised and pleased to see people speaking up who have not done so before. I started this thread, hoping to clear the air a little, but I knew at some point the wheels would come off the wagon and the thread would ravel and disintegrate into the same old tired slap-fest. Maybe a new person or two, but nothing really new to be shared.

I am not what you would call a full time rescuer. I have fostered and I have rescued and will again, but my means are pretty limited. We all do what we can and it adds up... nothing makes me happier than when everyone gets focused and works together here to help a chow in need, and there are many people here who contribute that no one will ever know about. Many of them are people who do not own rescued chows themselves, I can attest to that. Not asking for thanks, just doing what they can. I really don't have the means to do as much as I want. But I have known some phenomenal and dedicated rescue folk, so my standards of what it is to be a rescuer are pretty high... one of those people is a member here, Susan Heard, the gold standard of rescue heroes, in my book.

Susan does more in a day in chow rescue than most of us will do in a year. She amazes me with what she can accomplish, and I wonder if there is a minute during the day that she isn't thinking about a current rescue, thinking about how to help the next one, finagling meds for a sick foster, planning the next transport. She agonizes over the ones that get away, and remembers with regret those chows years later. She never asks for thanks. She probably doesn't think she's even doing anything special, she just does what needs to be done. As icing to the cake that is Susan, she has also developed some of the finest people skills that I have ever seen. This I think, is rare, being an animal lover does not guarantee that you will know how to deal with people. I could learn a lot from her, we all could.

You wont see many posts by Susan, though. She doesn't have time.
Last edited by ciaobella on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:34 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by PurpleKisses » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Jeff, I was only trying to warn her about what COULD be in those lines...... I feel I have every right to do so with the way Chi-Ching is.

HOWEVER, I told her multiple times good luck with the dog, and whatever, the only time I really seriously felt like she was making a stupid choice was when she said that she was getting a pup from the same dog that had pups six months ago, and she was getting it WAY too early.

To me, regardless if the pup is perfectly fine its whole life, the fact that she is basically going to be telling that breeder that it is okay to back to back breed really is a bad idea. THOSE are the people that support your shelter dogs, Breeders like that are the ones that keep those shelters stocked full for you!

I would MUCH rather have people run off because of too much "rescue shelter chows" info then supporting a poor excuse for a dog owner and breeder!

I did support someone I shouldn't have and all I started out to do was warn that girl because having a dog like mine SUCKS! He is a great dog but the pain he will be in for the rest of his life is what makes me want to try and prevent someone else to go through it. And WHY would someone want to encourage crappy breeding? It is just beyond me. I screwed up but I have a great dog, but I will NEVER again go with a breeder with such horrible standards. I feel bad for the pups that are there, but by not buying them, we CAN save them from a shelter later AND slowly put the bad breeders out of business..... how is that not a win win situation?

Support good breeding AND pet ownership - and DISCOURAGE bad breeding(and buying from them) and as always, ENCOURAGE rescue!
Chi-Ching
Image
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:01 pm

PurpleKisses wrote:Jeff, I was only trying to warn her about what COULD be in those lines...... I feel I have every right to do so with the way Chi-Ching is.

I was taking about breeder praising and breeder good guy bad guy theory I have no idea what you said I didn't read most of the post in this thread. 99.9% of the time I am responding to the post above mine or someone posting to me, I usually have no idea who said what or who even started the post unless it's the post above mine or they are talking to me. You think I like to read, if it goes past one paragraph I lose interest.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

User avatar
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:26 am
Location: Rockford, IL

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by chow fancier » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Layla wrote: Once here, they are my responsibility (no matter where they came from) 'til the day they die.
AMEN!!! And if only everyone felt like that there would be no shelter/rescue chows, no need to re-home, no reason to argue here.

I appreciate the spirit in which this thread was started and the respectful tone with which it began. But somewhere along the line it seems the tone changed and again we have some treating others poorly, so convinced that their opinion is the only one with any merit. How sad that is. IMO, when one expresses their opinion as if it is fact and anyone who disagrees is just wrong, that individual is unlikely to convince anyone of anything. Dale Carnegie (How to win friends and influence people) courses teach something to the effect: Please don't make me wrong, even if you disagree. (Instead of saying "you are wrong, this is right" say: "I may be wrong, I often am, but it seems to me:" OR "What if we look at it this way:" etc.) If you approach disagreements in that manner, you are more likely to convince others to your point of view, less likely to cause a defensive reaction which closes the others mind to any valid points you may make.
Jerilyn
Image
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:34 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by PurpleKisses » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:20 pm

hehe, that is why I write in multiple SMALL paragraphs.....
Chi-Ching
Image
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com

IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:04 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by IliamnasQuest » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 pm

I've actually recommended breeders several times to people on this site, although it is primarily in private as advertising on the site is not really allowed. So anyone saying "no one gives out the names of good breeders" is just telling another blatant lie in order to promote his own agenda (SO typical). Instead of specifically mentioning breeders by name, I try to give advice so that people can question the breeders they contact and so that people can make an educated, conscientious choice instead of just falling for the first cute chow puppy they see (which is something that BYB's COUNT on).

If any of us were to say "buy from THIS breeder" we'd be warned not to advertise, so making disparaging remarks against those promoting good breeders is just another underhanded attempt to create trouble. You try to follow forum rules and the trolls give you heck for it. And it's the trolls that drive people away from here more than anything else, I'd be willing to bet.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 am

IliamnasQuest wrote:I've actually recommended breeders several times to people on this site, although it is primarily in private as advertising on the site is not really allowed. So anyone saying "no one gives out the names of good breeders" is just telling another blatant lie in order to promote his own agenda (SO typical).

Considering I and most people on this site don't receive your private pm's or recommendations I wouldn't call it a blatant lie and being as I have never seen nor heard of a breeder being recommended I would consider that a blatant lie, apparently we are both blatant liars but if you are recommending breeders then good for you. Apparently you haven't recommended breeders to many people or you wouldn't have spent years promoting yourself on this site not to mention criticizing anyone that has ever posted looking for a breeder or have bought from a breeder. I didn't see any breeder recommendations in this thread all I saw was lecturing, criticizing and self promoting after the Chow was already adopted...Its amazing how touchy pro-breeders are, don't worry you will be in Business for years, the 30 or so people that post on this site won't influence the breeding business no matter what they say or who is for or against breeding.

Now lets see, when did this thread go astray, was it when people were being called ignorant, or was it the comment morons and bad bad people or could it have been blatant liars and to think all the name calling came from the compassionate educators, My My. Is this what is known as hypocrites or look at your self before pointing a finger. I know its one of those.

In the New Testament, Jesus refers to the Devil as the father of lies (John 8:44) See what I learned from Conner going to Lutheran School, Religion has entered our home.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

User avatar
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by ciaobella » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 am

Jeff&Peks wrote: In the New Testament, Jesus refers to the Devil as the father of lies (John 8:44) See what I learned from Conner going to Lutheran School, Religion has entered our home.
"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose."
- William Shakespeare

Double major in college... English and Art. I knew it would come in handy someday. O:)
Image
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:53 am

ciaobella wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote: In the New Testament, Jesus refers to the Devil as the father of lies (John 8:44) See what I learned from Conner going to Lutheran School, Religion has entered our home.
"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose."
- William Shakespeare

Double major in college... English and Art. I knew it would come in handy someday. O:)
I'm reciting Scripture from a 6 year old kid so I can't argue with William. I hope he dosn't wind up like Carrie and lighting school dances on fire becouse he's upset about something.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

User avatar
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by ciaobella » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:58 am

I think he'll be OK as long as he doesn't get fresh with God.

Go to bed.
Image
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 am

Speaking of breeding how long does it take for those having puppies nipples to go away, apparently Onyx had puppies not to long ago and she has them.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

User avatar
Auddymay
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7575
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:49 am
Location: Muskegon, Michigan

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Auddymay » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:01 am

I have a chow girl from a BYB that is to date, free of any of the genetic problems common in Chows. As prices go, she was fairly cheap. Because she was the last one left, she was 10 weeks old when I adopted her, and I had no problem with teaching her bite inhibition, she was never a very nippy girl. I was lucky. It is a crapshoot when you buy a Chow, concerning health issues.

It is also true when you adopt a shelter Chow. As WTG said in one of her posts, a good percentage ( I won't make up a number) of pound puppies are there because they have an expensive problem, such as hip dysplasia. Being unfamiliar with a shelter animal's normal behavior, an unsuspecting adopter could be adopting the Cadillac of vet bills. That is one reason many are nervous about adopting a shelter animal. The second most common reason people avoid shelter animals is behavioral. This is a very legitimate reason for avoiding adopting from a shelter. Not everyone is equipt to handle a difficult Chow, and should not be made to feel bad for not taking on what could well be immenent disaster.

Then there is personal choice. As most have said, they are commited to the Chows they own til death. They did not create the shelter problem, and they may not feel they are obliged to go through life cleaning up after someone who got tired of their status symbol pet and dumped it. That is not to say these types don't assist in helping others rescue shelter chows. I know several who do have breeder Chows and are also active in rescue.

I have recommended Forestway Chows here a couple times to people looking for Michigan breeders. I add the caveat that I am juding their soundness based on their website information, and to investigate further. I did the recommendation in an open forum. Must be nobody here has had any problems with that breeder, because at the time, nobody spoke up and objected.

User avatar
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 3030
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:20 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by sit_by_the_beach » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:22 am

I have read every one of the posts here, I am a quick reader which helps. Or I am simply bored, doesn't matter. IMO this is a great discussion to hear all the pros and cons even if a bit on the negative side. Back in the 90's when I found my first chow, I joined a group of chow owners. I felt bad for owning a no paper chow, a defective chow because her ears were too close together. I was so happy and satisfied with myself to have spent two years socializing my chow. A GS schutzhund trainer donated her time for free to make sure Luna wasn't going to eat any human as Luna was very angry al all humans that approached her or got in her path/way. Luna loved me, my family, the cats, the kittens in the pet supply store, she guarded us from bad humans. The dog trainer helped out to save a dog's life. She called a chow a dog and used the same GS training.

On that email board I was made felt bad because of my not perfect rescued chow. Most were members of chow owner's clubs. The ones who owned a registered chow also owned the odd rescued chow but didn't disclose the info on the board. I like this forum because we have a good mix of pb owners and owners of rescued chows.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Image
Image

User avatar
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 2196
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Laura » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:09 am

Nice post AuddyMay and Karin that is one issue at least that isn't on this forum...it isn't about the paperwork or who has the prettiest so-called show quality chows with upteen CH's on their pedigree...nice post as well. I remember wondering when I first found the site if it would be 'one of those'..all about the showing and whose grandpa was a champion..etc. All of the chows and mixes are beautiful and individual and wonderful.

lol@ Sandy and Jeff's scripture posts. Brought a giggle to a thread w/out much...ok no humor.

Melanie I am sure some or all of your post was directed at me. I simply wish that when the uneducated...as I was...come here clueless about OFA's and the like that people who know of good breeders...have used good breeders...could specifically and privately is fine...recommend them. We all know breeders talk a good game and even if someone has read the advice about health testing they still may be fooled by smooth talking BYB's. Specific names of breeders could help is all I am saying. I am glad to know that you and Auddymay have given out names to the dazed and confused because that is how I was. If people in the know don't help then puppyfind.com makes another sale. That's all I'm saying. If I ever chose to buy another pup I would nag all of you to tell me good breeders because after being on this site and reading all of the advice I would want to make the best possible choice but I still don't know where to find the good ones. I do know a heck of alot more about how to go about it though.
Image
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)

SianGreyGal
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by SianGreyGal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:48 am

I think I will always have rescue dogs, purely because I know I don't have the time for a puppy, between college classes and sign language classes, I can be gone up to 6 hours a day, my adult greyhounds are fine with that, but I know a puppy wouldn't be. I have looked at loads of puppies in the UK, all of which would be perfect, if they were just 2 or 3 years old. Both my greys are from rescues, as there are SO many greyhounds that need homes every single year, it's like the flip side to chow chows in the UK with greyhounds. Impossible to find a grown up chow chow in rescue in the UK, but can find hundreds of puppies. Impossible to find a greyhound puppy in the UK, but thousands of grown up ones in rescues.

I don't think people are any less because they buy a puppy from a breeder, my family bought my old pointer (RIP) from a breeder, he was a wonderful dog, at the same time we had a rescue setter (RIP), also wonderful. Where are those puppies going to go if no breeders can sell them? Rescues. The rescues will just be over run with puppies, who take up a lot more time than an older dog. All dogs need homes, wether they are from a breeder, or from a rescue.

chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:51 am
Location: fishers, in

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by chowchowdaddy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 am

We have done both with our chowdren, Tempest and Emperor Ming. One came from a breeder and one from rescue and it doesn't matter to us, we just love them so much. I do really love the breeder from whom we got one of ours and would most definitely go back, but will definitely do rescue, too. We have had just one chow before and have found, at least for us, that two of them are better. While I would really love to get a third (and, trust me, I've gotten a lot of grief about that concept here at home, not all of which comes from Tempest, our little diva), we've been warned by way too many people,including breeder and show friends, that there is no way Tempest would accept anyone other than a puppy. While I'm all for getting another puppy (good grief, did I just say that after having lived through Ming as a puppy where he chewed the corner of our kitchen island and chewed a hole in a $10,000 antique Oriental rug???????????), I'm just not sure if I could convince the rest of the people (big and little) here...

Despite the fact that I've rattled on about next-to-nothing here, I commend those who do rescue, I stand firmly behind the concept, and we will do our best to always have a rescue in our family. On the other hand, knowing that we can afford to give them a good home and that there is no likelihood (provisions have been made) that they would EVER go to a shelter should something happen to us, I have no qualms about going back to the one breeder that we trust implicitly (I'm sure there are many fine breeders out there, we know quite a few, so don't take this wrong when I talk about ONE breeder who has, at most, one litter per year and often goes a couple of years between litters) should we ever have that desire...

User avatar
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles,, CA

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Jeff&Peks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 am

Jeff&Peks wrote:Speaking of breeding how long does it take for those having puppies nipples to go away, apparently Onyx had puppies not to long ago and she has them.
Well? Anyone going to answer my question?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

User avatar
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by ciaobella » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:43 am

Maybe you should start a new thread for that, Skippy.
Image
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by chowfrnd88 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:26 am

Wow, this is a long thread! :D

I know I'm late on this, but just to add my 2 cents-- as you all know I fully agree that we need responsible breeders to have chow chows. Otherwise the breed we love wouldn't exist. Special is a rescue and when I first read Sophie's tale it warmed my heart because Special was also plucked straight off the streets (although "plucking" him was MUCH easier for us than it was for Sandy! :D ). I have a special place in my heart for rescues, but also for the breeder bought pups. My favorite chows on the site are a mixture of breeder bought and rescue chows, I just don't see any difference. To me a chow is a chow. When I first joined the site about two years ago, there was no divide. No rift. It was just a group of chows chows. Now it seems like almost every post has this "rescue chow vs. breeder chow" undertone. I think it's terriblly unfair. You can have a personal preference but no one else should be made to feel like less of a chow owner because of what they chose. There are things said that I don't agree with on the site ranging from breeding to rescuing practices to my personal favorite: training. :D But I either try as hard as I can to remain civil about my opinions or to refrain from adding my 2 cents worth. I think we should be focused on helping each other, but don't forget to have fun together. I love learning from everyone, but I also love the lighthearted stuff, the sharing and seeing photos, etc.

I think I sent this in an email to Judy a while ago, but I try to keep my mouth shut as much as I can, but I do know that i cna get rather passionate about certain things here. While I manage to keep my mouth shut sometimes, I am rather vocal on training techniques, so I hope I haven't said anything to hurt anyone's feelings regarding that or anything esle. If I did, I'm really sorry. :(
Image
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea

User avatar
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by ciaobella » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 am

If anyone is not clear about internet etiquette, run a search on all of chowfriend88's post's. Never a harsh word, and she always makes her point . Thanks.
Image
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by chowfrnd88 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:36 am

Aw, that's so sweet Sandy, but the same could be said for you, and a number of the other members! :D
Image
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea

User avatar
shannlee379
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Contact:

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by shannlee379 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Laura wrote: Not every dog purchased from a 'bad' breeder has health issues and not every dog purchased from a 'wonderful' breeder escapes them. I might be on here in 6 mos crying because Shug or Chloe have hip displasia or entropian but that is a risk I knew I was taking when I bought a CHOW.

Edited by poster: Sorry Laura, and thank you...This is all I was trying to say.
Last edited by shannlee379 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon & Shelby...
Image

User avatar
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 2196
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Rescue Chows vs Breeder Chows

Post by Laura » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:08 pm

:D
Last edited by Laura on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)

Post Reply