leg cocked!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bchow
Rank 0
Rank 0

leg cocked!

Post by bchow »

Well our 2 boys are a year and 8 months now, and, one has decided its time he started to *Censored Word* his leg!!!

Does anyone have a male dog that never does this?
Grrr Woof woof!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: leg cocked!

Post by vicster605 »

Too funny!!! Its ok to say cocked but not the present tense of the same LOL!!!! Exactly why I don't have boys, sorry I can't help with this one but have never heard of a boy that doesn't :roll: and have even seen a few girls that do it too :lol: Is he neutered?? That may help but ummmm not sure.....
A question for the boy owners??? :lol: I'll have to come back so I will know myself :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Teddy came to live with us the day he was neutered (at somewhere between 3 and 5 years old) and cocked his leg to pee for about two weeks. He hasn't done it since. I assume it took awhile for the hormones to leave his system and it was the hormones that required him to lift his leg and mark. Now he spends much less time looking for the right places to pee and in fact usually pees only once per outing.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

My 11 month old "in tact" Loha is the very model of efficiency. If there is a vertical surface to be marked, he hikes his leg and hits it. If there are no vertical surfaces and he decides to leave his mark, he squats like a little girly dog and "tinkles".

Loha's Dad
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Bear just tips his leg a little so he doesn't get it wet, I guess. If we're out on a walk that's another story...he tries to mark everything.