MISSING CHOW BRONX NY

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: MISSING CHOW BRONX NY

Post by Jeff&Peks »

fillyok wrote:. Hate to say it, but I don't think Yoko is doing enough to find Nikki unless there's more than what's being posted here. That one lady that contacted me took off 2 weeks from work to find her dog. If it were me and I couldn't take off work, I'd be paying people to distribute fliers, hang signs and visit the shelter/pound/vets in the area. And I would be doing this EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
That's why i ask if you guys wanted to meet in New York, Don't know anything about New York but we could probably have this Chow home by the end of the day or at least know what happened to him.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
fillyok wrote:. Hate to say it, but I don't think Yoko is doing enough to find Nikki unless there's more than what's being posted here. That one lady that contacted me took off 2 weeks from work to find her dog. If it were me and I couldn't take off work, I'd be paying people to distribute fliers, hang signs and visit the shelter/pound/vets in the area. And I would be doing this EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
That's why i ask if you guys wanted to meet in New York, Don't know anything about New York but we could probably have this Chow home by the end of the day or at least know what happened to him.
Please do not start with the negative on this issue. There is most definately more being done that is what is posted. My bad for not posting. Rescue is involved as is many NY residents. I have been calling shelter after shelter, describing her, we found several so far that looked similar but not her plus, no microchip and or the shelter already knew the story behind the dog.
Yoko has enlisted the help and paid local teens to watch for Nikki, and to go into buildings and ask around.
Lots is being done. They have stepped up the building watch, we heard from sanitation that no matching body has been retrieved, and you can't bury a dog just anywhere in NY. We've called ACC so many times they know who and what they are looking for and they know how much she means to us.
Its easy for those of you to say you'd start throwing YOUR money around... not everybody has money to throw around, trust me I wish I did and I know Yoko probably doesn't either. She has uped the reward.. its $500 and at Rescue Inks request has listed her as Stolen.

Thanks for continuning to think about Nikki.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Jeff&Peks wrote:Long shot, this chow is posted as hit by a car found in New orleans. Any resemblence. Freckles around the nose. Brown on the lower legs. Don't go by the lighting of the picture.
ImageImage
can you give me the info on where she is?
thanks,
Carla
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10565

He is in New Orliens but being that far away means nothing if it looks anything like Nikki check it out, it only takes a few hours and the chow could be on the west coast.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Jeff&Peks wrote:http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10565

He is in New Orliens but being that far away means nothing if it looks anything like Nikki check it out, it only takes a few hours and the chow could be on the west coast.
Yes you said New Orleans.. but where? whom do I contact? Thanks, Carla... p.s. story on Merlin and the chow HBC is nausiating
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

RHENEGADE CHOWS wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote:http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10565

Yes you said New Orleans.. but where? whom do I contact? Thanks, Carla... p.s. story on Merlin and the chow HBC is nausiating
Wildthings posted the chow in the Chows needing a home section thats where I found him.

Beautiful White Chow Mix-free to good home (Mandeville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-673544859@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-08, 8:37PM CDT

I found this dog a few months ago hit by a car. She is fully recovered and ready for her new home. She is a chow mix, medium size-about 40 pounds, 1-2 years old, heartworm negative, and good with med-large dogs. She is very sweet and loves attention and walks. Unfortunately, I can't keep her because she is not good with small dogs (like mean chihuahuas).

She comes with her own bowl, heartworm prevention, and lots of love. Please call Alicia at 504-231-1662 or email.

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

There was a lady on the LA news tonight who's dog ran off and has been lost for 7 months, she just got her dog back today. She hung flyers and delivered flyers all over town, took out newspaper adds and hired a pet detective. the point of the story was never give up the search.

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks for the update. I wasn't trying to be negative, but it was getting frustrating when it seemed like Yoko wasn't taking any advice from people that have been there and done that. Like Jeff said...follow up on any lead no matter how bizarre it might be and never, never give up.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Probably another long shot. I was looking for something else--came across these two. The first one is also a lost chow in Queen's. Maybe the Bronx party and the Queen's party can help each other finding their chows.
The second one is looking for a home. Possibility that the chow was transported that far south brom the Bronx?

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=10393875
* Animal: Dog
* Breed: Chow Chow, Golden Retriever[Mix]
* *Censored Word*: Male
* Size: Medium
-REWARD - Lost dog
Whitey a cream an chow mix got out of his fenced backyard Sunday (3/2/08) from Rosedale Area of Queens, off Brookville Blvd between Sunrise Highway and Merrick rd and near the Belt Parkway. He is about 4 yrs old and is 55- 60 lbs, was wearing a collar with tags. he is friendly and needs meds. we are all heartbroken PLEASE if anyone see him call Toni at 718 347-0638 or Caryl at 631-499-7082. REWARD $1,000
____________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=10702908
This is Ragamuffin. She was brought to our shelter by some people in a pick up truck and literally thrown out. Then they drove off, without filling out paperwork, or giving any information. She was a mess when she arrived. Filthy, with mats in her tail and coat. She was so scared, we couldn't catch her for three days, but she hung around the shelter and eventually, she decided it wasn't a bad place to be. Now, she is friendly and happy...maybe for the first time in her life. She'd like a home of her own though, because she's decided that getting attention is a good thing and now she's ready for her share. She's been spayed, her coat has been bathed and the mats clipped out and she is looking much better. Giving Ragamuffin a home would be a true rescue. Can you give her this chance? Oh, and by the way, all the pets at the shelter really need YOUR help! Volunteers for dog walkers, shelter workers, transport to and from vet appointments, and foster homes are DESPERATELY needed to avoid euthanization. Overpopulation in our area is a huge problem. Contact the shelter by email or phone if you can be part of the solution!
Attachments
SC cream female chow looking for a home
SC cream female chow looking for a home
SC46.10702908-1-pn.jpg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 14152 times
Lost chow Queens
Lost chow Queens
NY125.10393875-2-pn.jpg (24.42 KiB) Viewed 14151 times
Lost chow Queens
Lost chow Queens
NY125.10393875-1-pn.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 14150 times
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Just caught the part about "throwing money around"...it was early this morning when I responded. If it came down to finding one of mine...you bet your behind I'd be throwing money around...I don't have much, but I'd beg, borrow and steal to do what I thought might get my Chow back home. You can't put a price on the love I have for my Chows. Sorry if this sounds 'negative" but don't come on here asking for help for a lost Chow and not expect to get some hackles up if it seems like the subject is being ignored.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

NIKKI HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!
relentless efforts by her parents and family paid off. Yoko's husband found Nikki in a nearby park about 8pm tonight. They had been there a dozen times before. She went on a great adventure and is now recieving a bath and then on the vets. She does have a bruised leg but is not limping on it otherwise they'd have done the reverse, vets then bath. Every is elated and they send thier thanks, as do I to all the people who looked for her far and wide. a special thanks to Jeff.
Will send pictures of her soon. and... they are already looking at the GPS system for her! A VERY VERY happy reunion.

Image[/quote]
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Did she still have the leash attached to her?
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

II am so happy to hear this!! I'll bet Nikki and her family are soooo happy!! I know I am!! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Dang, now thats great news, Can't ask for better news then that. with all the flyers, groups and people looking Thats wierd she would wind up in a place you have checked before and was able to take care of herself that long without someone spotting her.. It could be possible the captors dumped her back in the park owell no big deal, she made it home safe thats all that counts.

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Great news!!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Thats why I was curious about the leash. Wondering if someone had taken her, she wouldn't have been to happy about it and maybe they took her back like Jeff said. I forgot to add I was happy to see she's home again, I've been watching this thread and worried about her. Bet she's happy to be home again. Can't wait to see pictures.
Last edited by sweetpea on Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Jeff&Peks wrote:Dang, now thats great news, Can't ask for better news then that. with all the flyers, groups and people looking Thats wierd she would wind up in a place you have checked before and was able to take care of herself that long without someone spotting her.. It could be possible the captors dumped her back in the park owell no big deal, she made it home safe thats all that counts.
We all thought the same thing, especially when the flyers turned to "stolen." no matter, she is home! Yoko called me and I screamed and cried and cried some more. I could tell in her voice she had some good news... I was sooo happy she did!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

The two LA chows finding a home was good news and now Nikki home again makes it three. I feel so happy for Nikki and the family and all involved.

I do wonder if someone had picked her up and maybe Nikki escaped? Can't wait to see pics.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Oh that's fantastic news. I'm SO pleased for Nikki & Yoko \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Thank you Elodie!
Tai's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tai's Mom »

Wonderful, wonderful news. It just doesn't get much better than that. So happy to hear she is home, safe and sound.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

OMG!!!!! HURRAY!! WHAT FANTASTIC NEWS! SHE HAS BEEN ON MY MIND EVERY DAY. I AM SOO HAPPY SHE FOUND HER FAMILY AGAIN.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Nice sence of relief going through and deleting the Missing Chow alerts, I notified K9Amberalert Nikki has been found, that should notify rescue link and some of the others.

ImageImage
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! =D= =D=
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nikki after she dried
her wound which is being treated by a vet
Nikki after bath, looking very tired and a bit weak

The best part is they can now move with thier baby, they were moving next weekend and Yoko was so distraut thinking she would have leave her behind. All be it her family still lived in the area, she didnt want to go. Now they can and they have thier baby girl...
Thanks everyone, I think this concludes this story.... I hope.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

No the best part of the story was left out, what was Nikki's reaction when they first saw each other in the park. To bad she can't talk, I would love to know what went on for over a month hanging out on the streets in the Bronx.

There are a million stories in the Nakid city and only Nikki knows the truth... I think that came from a TV Show.

Who knows what lurks in the evil hearts of mankind, Nikki knows, Sorry another TV show. Both New York Shows I think.

ImageImage