Update on Misiu

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

max5105
Rank 0
Rank 0

Update on Misiu

Post by max5105 »

As you know, we adopted Misiu from a veterinary clinic in southern Ohio. The manager did not want to turn him over to the local shelter and the rescues were filled to capacity. Now that I look back, the whole thing was very wierd. I mean, I was looking for a Chow or Chow mix for a while when I saw the post. Two puppies I was interested in went to other families due to some mis-communication. I couldn't get to see him for over 2 weeks (5+ hour drive one-way). The way puppies were being snatched up, I thought for sure he would have been taken. But there he was! And from the get-go he was an amazing fit for our family. He crate trained in 2 or 3 days, never relieved himself in the house, and was great with my kids and every other kid in the neighborhood. He reads how we react to people, and follows suit. When ever we let someone in the house, he rarely bats an eye. If he met them before, he will come up and wag his tail, looking for a pat or a scratch. Now Misiu is 6 months old and about 50 pounds. The vet thinks he'll still get a little larger. He goes to his crate when he is told. He loves to take walks with us, and is equally comfortable on or off leash. He comes when called, sits, lays down, and stays put on command. Tomorrow he will go to the vets for his rabies vaccine, heartworm test, etc. Wherever we take him, people always comment on how well behaved and beautiful he is. He just has an awesome personality and we couldn't be happier. I've been really busy with work and school (I'm writing my doctoral dissertation), so I haven't had time to get the photo business down - but I will! I think you'll agree that he's handsome fellow. Bye for now, Max.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Update on Misiu

Post by CoraP. »

Hi Max,
I'm so glad to hear that your boy is doing so well!! It seems that he was just the one meant for your family!! Thanks for the update, and I can't wait to see pictures!! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello there and I am glad your chow boy is doing well. I trust you have many years of love and fun with him - I am looking forward to hearing about his antics. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I remember when you were looking for a pup and I was so happy you found him.its great to hear that everything is going well with Misiu and your family :D
I hope we get to see his picture someday.but don't feel bad,it took me a long time before I was able to post a picture and I still have trouble sometimes :lol:
nice to hear from you.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Congratulations, I am so glad you got him. Can't wait to see pics

dogdad