General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Victory, Firesong and Dreamdancer oh my

Post by Victory »

Just a word about what we've been up to. I have a new job, (started last Oct) it's okay, pays the bills, but to get to it I have a 1.5 hour commute one way, so 3 hours on the bus, 9 hours at the job, and they have highly restricted Internet access, I can see this site but I shouldn't log in and comment, so I usually don't. Needless to say, when I get home I don't spend a lot of time on-line...So if I don't comment or answer a PM right away it's not because I'm ignoring anyone or anything, it's because I haven't seen it.

Firesong and Dreamdancer are NOT happy with the new schedule so I do try to spend as much time with them as possible when I am at home. Hopefully I can get a car by the end of the summer or a new job that is closer to home.

BTW this site still keeps me sane when I'm at work....luv all of you guys and all the furry kids...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Victory, Firesong and Dreamdancer oh my

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'm glad things are going well. 3 hrs on the bus is a lot!!

We miss you! :D Did you see we all thought of Darkwind on his b-day in the b-day forum?
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

=; arggh! I use to take the bus to get to and from a 2nd job - with my young 3 year old daughter - at night. A 20 minute by car ride took over an hour and then we had to walk to get to the actual end destination. Hope you can get both - a job closer to home and a car!
Hugs to all your furkids!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Victory - Lovely to hear from you . Glad the chowdren are ok and I do hope you can get sorted by the end of the summer - meantime, chin up! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

well lets see now.. if you wanna get around that little miss hap at the office... go to tools, internet options, Lan settings and UN CHECK "set up proxy" ! BUT make sure that when you go back to "working" you click it back on. They have a proxy set up thats why you cant log in. :-)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

victory, nice hearing from you, Glad you are working but hopefully you can find a car or new job soon
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Bummer, a 3 hour commute, that just stinks. Hope you will find what you are looking for!
SweetPea Rocks!!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

3 hours on a bus every day is too much, you are too nice for that. Hope you get something closer, (with less restrictive internet access!). You have good kids, Sophie would have found a new human by now if it was me.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie